No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• while it's fun to talk about, none of this matters. our opinions don't matter and neither do bart torvick's or kenpom's. the only thing that matters is winning the conference tournament or waiting on selection sunday.

but we gotta fill all 86 sports channels and thousands of websites with something to talk about, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Bullcrap
      I dunno, listening to him now, I’m sure he’s a nice guy but he just seems like he’s full of crap.

Comment

• The way I see it, these teams are all in a race to be the last team(s) invited to the NCAA Tourney barring their own Conference Tournament win:

Drake, Clemson, Syracuse, U Conn, Maryland, Michigan State, Drake, Utah State, Arizona, BYU, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Wichita State, Memphis. Some have stronger cases than others (duh).

I'm guessing five of these team will not make the cut. These are the teams I will be watching closely over the weekend and into next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          I thought Palm was a little higher on WSU than most, but on Sports Daily he said if they lose to anyone but Houston, there bubble is burst, and even losing in finals to Houston may not do it.
          Now that’s the Palm I know and hate.

So if WSU loses to SMU in the semis, they go from a 10 seed to out?

Makes total sense.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            The way I see it, these teams are all in a race to be the last team(s) invited to the NCAA Tourney barring their own Conference Tournament win:

Drake, Clemson, Syracuse, U Conn, Maryland, Michigan State, Drake, Utah State, Arizona, BYU, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Wichita State, Memphis. Some have stronger cases than others (duh).

I'm guessing five of these teams will not make the cut. These are the teams I will be watching closely over the weekend and into next week.
            You can substantially trim this list. Half of them are locks. Clemson, Maryland, BYU, LSU, Tenn, Florida are all locks with UCONN being close. Arizona is not postseason elgible.

Comment

• If Wichita St. should get an opportunity to beat say Memphis or SMU and Houston in the AAC Tourney...and win the AAC Tourney. Where would you guess their NCAA seed would be????

I don't even know if that's possible...but just hypothetical I guess.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Now that’s the Palm I know and hate.

So if WSU loses to SMU in the semis, they go from a 10 seed to out?

Makes total sense.
                Finished the interview, don’t waste your time, he’s a horses ass.

Comment

• I have thought all year that there is a greater bias or some sort of inherent negative thought towards the Shockers this year that would keep them out. Not sure if it is the Marshall, Koch, number of transfers so we must suck, etc...

Comment

• If you can win a Top 7 conference regular season and not make the tournament, what’s the point of being in that conference?

Might be time for WSU to call up VCU, Dayton, SLU, and Belmont* and see if they can form a 16 team Basketball super conference with the Big East. A true and pure basketball conference.

* - I could argue for Davidson as well, but with the BE liking major metro areas and with Belmont’s success over the past decade I decided to go with them.
                    Last edited by Shock Top; March 5, 2021, 04:22 PM.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                      The way I see it, these teams are all in a race to be the last team(s) invited to the NCAA Tourney barring their own Conference Tournament win:

I'm guessing five of these team will not make the cut. These are the teams I will be watching closely over the weekend and into next week.

You can substantially trim this list. Half of them are locks. Clemson, Maryland, BYU, LSU, Tenn, Florida are all locks with UCONN being close. Arizona is not postseason elgible.
                      Yeah, I'm aware of the situation. Just trying to keep my hopes up. I have a feeling the teams left wanting on the list will include Wichita State, Drake, Utah State, and (shudder) Memphis. That would make the American a one bid conference. And if Duke and Drake win their Conference Tourneys, does Loyola steal one of those four bids (with Duke). ??

That scenario almost makes not watching the NCAA Tournament a viable option this year knowing the amount of bias that is thrown into the silly thing. Oh, and at any point the NCAA can declare a member of your team covid positive and thereby disqualify your entire team from further competition. What are the Vegas odds that all the games get played, anyway? Might be worth putting a dollar or two down on it hoping to reap a GameStop style windfall if it were to actually happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        If you can win a Top 7 conference regular season and not make the tournament, what’s the point of being in that conference?

Might be time for WSU to call up VCU, Dayton, SLU, and Belmont* and see if they can form a 16 team Basketball super conference with the Big East. A true and pure basketball conference.

* - I could argue for Davidson as well, but with the BE liking major metro areas and with Belmont’s success over the past decade I decided to go with them.
                        Well, here is your answer from Palm. Sounds crazy to me but what the hell do I know.

“Conference standings don’t matter to the committee, they do care about the actual conference champion in the sense that they need to know who the automatic qualifier is,” Palm said. “But how you perform in the league, how you finish in the league, doesn’t matter.

Comment

• I get that for conferences like the Atlantic Sun and SWAC, but for a conference that’s supposed to be a P6 (7 in basketball) conference, if your regular season champ cannot make it in that is pathetic and embarrassing.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            I get that for conferences like the Atlantic Sun and SWAC, but for a conference that’s supposed to be a P6 (7 in basketball) conference, if your regular season champ cannot make it in that is pathetic and embarrassing.
                            Tulsa was a co-champ last year and wasn't going to get in... same likely with Cincy if I remember right. It happens when you don't get to play all the good teams. We are missing at least three resume building games from this conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Tulsa was a co-champ last year and wasn't going to get in... same likely with Cincy if I remember right. It happens when you don't get to play all the good teams. We are missing at least three resume building games from this conference.
                              Then the conference needs to do a better job of helping build as many resumes as possible, including with non-conference games.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Very true. But Top has a point. If you win a rigorous conference schedule in a top 6/7 league, common sense says you're one of the the top 50 or so teams. No?

Comment

Working...
                                X