No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know there is a lot of grey area with this subject and get the whole argument that a player should have a right to leave when he wants just as a coach can but I think the part of the equation that the NCAA and these Jay Bilas types don't account for are the fans. A lot of athletes would scoff at that, but at the end of the day, the people who make this possible are the boosters and people filling arena seats. If this is what college basketball fans have to look forward to each year from here on out, it's going to become increasingly harder to stomach as a fan.

Unless there is some middle ground, the transfer at will crowd is going to kill the product.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

Unless there is some middle ground, the transfer at will crowd is going to kill the product.
      while I am on the same side as you. free agency has not killed baseball, although it was far better prior

Comment

• Interesting....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

As I remember it, Burton's shots this past year came mostly when no defender was in the same zip code. That's a completely different 38% than Baker's where he was option one or two for the offense. Fred hit 41% with a hand in his face with 2 seconds on the shot clock. Burton could have taken a nap before the defender got to him.

If he was half the shooter of the others, he wouldn't have been that open to begin with.
          Bingo. Nice first post.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
            I know there is a lot of grey area with this subject and get the whole argument that a player should have a right to leave when he wants just as a coach can but I think the part of the equation that the NCAA and these Jay Bilas types don't account for are the fans. A lot of athletes would scoff at that, but at the end of the day, the people who make this possible are the boosters and people filling arena seats. If this is what college basketball fans have to look forward to each year from here on out, it's going to become increasingly harder to stomach as a fan.

Jay Bilas is ruining college basketball.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Interesting....

lol and what kinda hardship is he claiming to play immediately?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dick, I like ya buddy, but quit being a lazy **** and do some research. Unless you don’t really care, which I suspect is the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Can’t stand Jay Bilas and he seems like the ultimate hypocrite. He’s gained a lot of money and fame on the backs on the college basketball machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Dick, I like ya buddy, but quit being a lazy **** and do some research. Unless you don’t really care, which I suspect is the case.
                    Sorry...Dick Vitale is the WORST thing to happen to college basketball...ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

while I am on the same side as you. free agency has not killed baseball, although it was far better prior

That's a good point and it's probably hyperbole to say college basketball will be killed off too. I just hope they consider the hand that feeds them and makes all of this possible by supporting it. The whole sit one rule seemed perfectly reasonable until they started with these waivers that are anything but impartially implemented.

Comment

• Here is my transfer solution:

1. If you take money from the school and decide to transfer, you sit for 1 year. This honor the investment that the school has put in you.

2. If you choose to play for a school and take no money (financial aid would not count as money) then you are free to do whatever you want.

3. If a coach leaves (whether fire or changing job), you are free to leave regardless if you are 1 or 2.

4. Scholarships are for 4 years. If you want the player to be committed, then schools have to be committed. If schools are not willing to do (4), then their players can transfer with no restrictions regardless if they are (1) or (2).

Comment

• There are a few differences between Shamet and Burton. Shamet seems able to start shooting the moment he touches the ball when receiving a pass. Incredibly quick release. Shamet's dribbling and ability to handle the ball is right at quality PG level. Shamet could actually run WSU's offense from the PG position.

From my viewpoint Burton doesn't really have a position. Doesn't have PG instincts or skills. Doesn't shoot well enough to be an off ball guard. Too small to be an effective SF. He "can play" 3 positions well, but he doesn't excel at any of them. Reminds me of a utility infielder.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

It was far better before because the talent pool wasn't diluted by too many teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I like a lot of Bilas' takes on college basketball, but when it comes to paying athletes and the transfer rules, he is out of bounds!

Comment

• Dick's mea culpa?

Comment

Working...
                                X