No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to be a fly on the wall during that conversation with GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      "Originally focused on a final five, Morris Udeze, a Wichita State transfer, has decided to reopen his recruitment. He doesn’t seem to be much of a rush with his college decision but did state that Butler, San Diego State and St. Louis have remained in touch, while he also didn’t discount the chances of returning to Wichita State in the fall."
      I'd love to have Mo back. Would fill a need, he's handled himself appropriately AND would give Dex an extra reason to stay.

Comment

• Me too. I'm guessing that conversations were had between 3G and Mo about transferring before he entered the portal. I hoping Marshall told him " Go ahead and look but you'll find that the teams that offer won't be as good for you as where you are right now".

Does anybody know how common it is for a player to enter the portal and then return?
        Last edited by Shoxthemonkey; April 16, 2020, 10:15 AM. Reason: WTF happened to the end of that sentence?
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
          I'd like to be a fly on the wall during that conversation with GGG.
          Maybe they've already had it or maybe an Asst. Coach has already had the conversation with him and that is why it was mentioned. They may both be looking for better situations right now. Mo is a solid player but not an athletic rim protector. If he improves his free throw shooting, he may even be more than solid, and rise to a productive player. I wouldn't be against him returning.

Comment

"Originally focused on a final five, Morris Udeze, a Wichita State transfer, has decided to reopen his recruitment. He doesn’t seem to be much of a rush with his college decision but did state that Butler, San Diego State and St. Louis have remained in touch, while he also didn’t discount the chances of returning to Wichita State in the fall."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
              Me too. I'm guessing that conversations were had between 3G and Mo about transferring before he entered the portal. I hoping Marshall told him " Go ahead and look but you'll find that the teams that offer won't be as good for you as where you are right now".

Does anybody know how common it is for a player to enter the portal and then return?
              It happens. I think ive seen 2 times this year alone that someone has done that.

Comment

Now that ES is gone maybe he is rethinking the situation. Hearing a negative influence every day can change your sense of reality.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Now that ES is gone maybe he is rethinking the situation. Hearing a negative influence every day can change your sense of reality.
                  Mo announced his transfer well after ES if I remember right.

Comment

• These might surprise you:

MORRIS UDEZE

Offensive Rebound Percentage - 1st on team (impressive for his lack of height)
                    Points Per 40 minutes - 3rd on team
                    Rebounds per 40 minutes - 2nd on team
                    FG% - 1st on team
                    Player efficiency - 3rd on team
                    True Shooting Percentage - 1st on team

Effective player when he is on the court. Problem was he would not stop fouling people:

Fouls per 40 minutes - 9.0 (that is off the chart)

Interestingly, as bad as his FT% was, he was 15 percentage points higher than Asbjorn Midtgaard and 10 percentage points higher than Poor-Bear.

I'd welcome him back but there needs to be a backup plan. There is no guarantee he will ever stop fouling and hacking players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It happens. I think ive seen 2 times this year alone that someone has done that.
                      That's a poor precedent. If you're done you're done; peace and good luck. CBB isn't an auction.

Comment

• Still wondering exactly what Bilas said. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                          These might surprise you:

There is no guarantee he will ever stop fouling and hacking players.
                          No guarantee but there is precedent. Shaq Morris was a fouling machine at first if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Sorry...Dick Vitale is the WORST thing to happen to college basketball...ever...
                            I'm thinking Billy Packer and Jim Nance belong in the running for the title. Jay is right there with them as well

Comment

• You know, if there were "conditions" placed on another school's offer to these transfer portal players, I would guess that there would be "conditions" placed for the return. If MU expressed dissatisfaction with playing time as opposed to coaching staff, and he discovered that things truly weren't better for him, I could see HCGM welcoming him back.

Comment

• One one hand, it be nice to come back.

On the other, I don’t think it’s a good idea to start letting people leave to find a better offer only to come crawling back.

Time will tell.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X