2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post

I do not know the answer! I do know these 5 players sprinted to get out! They are not coming back!
    Five players? Come on now. There may eventually be a fifth or more but as of now it’s four. Tate Busse does not count.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Five players? Come on now. There may eventually be a fifth or more but as of now it’s four. Tate Busse does not count.
      I stand corrected! Good point!

Comment

• PG is going to be a major issue next season. May need to explore the transfer portal for a good one.

Comment

• Sad to see; I wonder about assistants... but, none of these guys were sooo outstanding World Beaters that they can’t be replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            This, in my opinion is a product of having trusted advisors that know what in the F*** they are talking about vs pageant dad and mom.

Comment

• This also is the first year of the new transfer rules. I expect there will be a lot more coming and going from all teams. Better players transfer up, weaker transfer down and so on. We need to cut the panic **** and get a grip.

Comment

• After the 2017-18 season I was not concerned after Reaves transferred. However, I did feel that the rebuild was due to a mismanagement of classes.

After this season, I am concerned. No matter what the reason is for the transfers, this falls on Marshall.

Not surprised by ES or NF. The two that surprise me are JB and DG. JB because he seemed to be one of those players that would fit Marshal's personality...so if he is transferring that is a red flag. DG verbally committed in the spring of his sophomore year of HS. That tells me he really wanted to play at WSU, if he transferred because of playing time that concerning on his expectations and were they managed by coaching staff or the environment was not what he expected.

I won't be stressing too much until we see who Marshall can bring in from the transfer portal, HS recruits or grad transfers.

However, Marshall needs to evaluate himself. In any leadership position the leader must look at adversity and try to see what role they play. We will continue to see issues if Marshall only throws his hands up and says, "I don't know what happened, this caught me off guard." If he doesn't look inward and change a few things, just as ES needs to grow up, WSU will continue to experience chemistry problems. The difference between Marshall and ES is ES is 20 and his frontal lobe is not fully developed.

I think GM definitely has anger issues that he needs to address. I am reminded of two instances. First, the Canada trip where GM lost his cool with the referees and everyone had to hold him back. When Darral Willis held him back, I will never forget the look on his face and the anger he displayed towards his own player. It was embarrassing that a grown man could get that upset, but to react to one of your own players that way was concerning. Second, when the opposing team called a TO, AM ran on the court as a freshman to congratulate his teammates and accidentally bumped into GM' shoulder he had surgery on. GM berated AM at halfcourt in front of everyone. If he is doing these things in public, what is he doing behind closed doors?

Comment

• With the new transfer rule I’m hoping the portal will have exactly what WSU needs to supplement a starting lineup of GS, TE, DD, TW, and maybe Josephat?

Hate to see those guys leave. Hopefully some continuity can take place over the next few seasons.

Comment

• All that was heat of competition related...Coach will get the players and the Shockers will be at or near the top of the AAC next season!

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

This, in my opinion is a product of having trusted advisors that know what in the F*** they are talking about vs pageant dad and mom.
                      Yes!

These quotes give me hope that Marshall is not a complete dinosaur in his style of coaching.

Need to find more kids with this mindset and talent level. Then watch out America(n).
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
                        All that was heat of competition related...Coach will get the players and the Shockers will be at or near the top of the AAC next season!
                        and the mopping the floor tantrum

Comment

• So, what types of places are these guys going? Are they going to P5 schools? Valley schools?

What say ye?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            So, what types of places are these guys going? Are they going to P5 schools? Valley schools?

What say ye?
                            None will be at a power 5. Most will end up at Illinois State-esque schools. This isn’t a big deal. We sign another 4-star and this worked out great.

Comment

• Just an opinion. ES will play at a bottom half pac 12 school. JB will go close to home to a mid major, DG will go D2 or juco. Noah to a mid major back East. Tate buss d2

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                So, what types of places are these guys going? Are they going to P5 schools? Valley schools?

What say ye?
                                I say f@$k 'em if they can't take a joke and joke 'em if they can't take a f%#k!
                                Quitters never win and winners never quit!

Comment

Working...
                                X