Clear All

• Jay Bilas is a piece of ****

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Jay Bilas is a piece of ****
      I'm sorry, that should have been in all caps

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

It must hinge on if Ramsey comes back or not. Or maybe Dick Vital is just flapping his gums
        Dick Vitale flapping his gums—No #$&%(*# way.

Comment

• Jay so transparently espouses proposals designed to keep his own a$$ firmly planted in his current cushy state. He woul love it if five conferences got every bid and Duke won every title. He is so arrogant that he thinks the rest of the country would watch a bunch of paid minor leaguers who just happened to wear school uniforms. Complete moron and yes ruining college ball. When and if people realize that college ball should just remain college ball in every sense then it might not finish being ruined.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If it is a legitimate offer, I wonder why he didn't grab it. Can he really expect to do much better?
            My surprise is that San Diego State is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like it - but on #3. Are you referring to any coach on the team? I believe i read somewhere that every kid that transferred out this year was primarily recruited by a coach that is no longer with WSU. So if it's any coach, all of these kids would get waivers. Or is it only the same year the coach leaves?
              It would be the HC of the program they are with (e.g. if Coach Marshall left this offseason, then all his players (and recruits) could transfer this offseason if they wanted with no penalty).

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Interesting....

The AD or sports information department has done a poor job in protecting the brand and GGG. Very limited info coming from WSU and the “pundits” will fill in the blanks which is happening now.
                I love the chip GGG coaches with but hate the black eye his program is getting. Take off the freakin’ gloves and hit back a little. You can start with how crappy the offense was and you needed to clean house which consisted of a bunch of malcontents not buying into his program or vision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  I love Dick Vitale, he's done a lot to elevate college basketball. Sure, he loves to cradle 'Dook's' balls but no one is perfect. He's always been a champion for the 'little guy' when it comes to NCAA selection time and I see nothing wrong with him observing the abnormal amount of transfers we've had this year. In terms of Bilas, I generally find him a likable guy too. Yeah, he's a Dook and BCS homer but he played and graduated from there so what do you expect? But mostly, he's very much a champion for the 'student' athlete. I look at it this way, he played high level D1 and relates to the players a lot more than you and I. Since the argument of not paying players keeps coming up and that the NCAA refuses to allow this, Bilas and others champion appeasing the players with the idea of immediate eligibility.
                  Show, usually I agree with you, but could not be more in disagreement here... first, as far as being a D-1 player , I don’t think that’s a bit true... he went to seton hall and got a business degree. His biggest contribution has been in cancer research and I give him high props for that... however, his second biggest contribution is to his own TIRED brand... it’s Schtick and it’s old ... and I DON’T think he’s a friend of the little guy... he’s in the pocket of the big guys..... we play an informal game when he broadcasts of how long into the game it takes to:
                  -mentionBooby knight
                  - mention Kentucky Kansas Duke Carolina
                  - day one of his patented phrases
                  he is almost always done by first tv timeout

I rarely listen to him at all

Comment

• What did Bilas say? The quote mechanism on this site doesn't give the full string. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• If I ever meet shockerfever I think I will be baffled that he doesn’t look like our AD. My subconscious says you’re one in the same because I see that avatar pic by your name every post. And on the other side I keep thinking “how could our AD be so rough in blunt in all his comments.....oh wait.”

I digress.

Transfer, transfer....there back on topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        i think Shamet was around 45%. It’s probably unrealistic, I just think that’s what JB has to become to sniff the NBA.
                        Shamet, from the 3-point line, was 43.9% his R-Fr. year and 44.2% his R-So. year. Right now I don't think JB has a quick enough release to get a 3-pointer off in the NBA, unless he's just wide open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

The AD or sports information department has done a poor job in protecting the brand and GGG. Very limited info coming from WSU and the “pundits” will fill in the blanks which is happening now.
                          I love the chip GGG coaches with but hate the black eye his program is getting. Take off the freakin’ gloves and hit back a little. You can start with how crappy the offense was and you needed to clean house which consisted of a bunch of malcontents not buying into his program or vision.
                          I disagree. I prefer to take the high road and just wish them the best or say as little about them as possible. These comments from Dickie V and the like are just ignorance or other fans who will take cheap shots no matter what. No point in sweating that type. In time the media will forget it ever happened and move on to the next OMG CLICK moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Jay Bilas is ruining college basketball.
                            That ain’t no lie. Wish he would either go away or just cover professional basketball and stop trying to turn college into professional.

Comment

• "Originally focused on a final five, Morris Udeze, a Wichita State transfer, has decided to reopen his recruitment. He doesn’t seem to be much of a rush with his college decision but did state that Butler, San Diego State and St. Louis have remained in touch, while he also didn’t discount the chances of returning to Wichita State in the fall."

Michigan still has pieces to compete despite missing out on two five-stars this week.

Comment

• Well that’s interesting. I don’t see any actual quote from Mo so I’ll believe it when I see it but if he did return that would explain our lack of urgency so far to add a 5 man.

I’ve said it all along that Mo would be a perfect fit as part of the three headed monster along with Poor Bear and Bilau.

Again, though, I highly doubt he’s coming back.

Comment

Working...
                                X