No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like JB. He's twice the player he was when he got here. The credit for that goes mainly to him, but you have to also give some of that credit to the coaching staff. We will likely never know his real reasons .. and frankly at this point it doesn't matter. He will do well elsewhere, we will do fine with whoever takes his scholarship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      I think the first one is his sister. This one looks like his mother...

Clearly they don’t agree with Marshall’s comments. I hope Taylor asks further about this.
      Taylor better be careful. As a beat reporter he doesn't want to try too hard to fact check HCGM's comments. A beat reporter who is blackballed = unemployed.

Why don't you get on Twitter, befriend the mom or sis, and turn on that charisma and find out for all of us. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

JB's sister is saying it wasn't over playing time and he retweeted. So, I am going to assume in JB's case it was not over PT. Prob some of the others I'm sure.

(I am guessing that is his sister....says 'my brothers #1 fan' and has tons of JB stuff all over the place)
        I understand. I’m personally just not interested in following a game of “he said, she said”. I don’t see the point and I don’t need to know why Burton left. Some people do and that’s fine.

I would hope and expect that Marshall wouldn’t publicly throw anyone under the bus or air dirty laundry after they’ve transferred. To me, that’s would be a much worse look than a handful of transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

me
          Yes, I’ve already placed you among the Fire Marshalls.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I would hope and expect that Marshall wouldn’t publicly throw anyone under the bus or air dirty laundry after they’ve transferred. To me, that’s would be a much worse look than a handful of transfers.
            very fair point

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Yes, I’ve already placed you among the Fire Marshalls.
              I am officially there

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

me
                It's all about "me"... that might have been part of the problem...

"I want to talk about me
                Want to talk about I
                Want to talk about number one
                Oh my me my..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

After reading the article, I’d say it’s pretty simple. JB wanted to be the primary PG and Marshall didn’t see it that way. The three point guards weren’t happy and decided to leave... probably lost some confidence in the coaching staff along the way and all wanted a fresh start.
                  This, 1,000%. Maybe not Fernandes so much, but his spot for getting significant minutes during his career wasn't good.

Edit: Now that I've read the posts between the one I quoted and this one, maybe not. Although the comment that it wasn't about playing time does nothing to counter the point made in the post I quoted. It's very possible a player could get 12 ,minutes at PG and 12 minutes at SF, not be unhappy with the minutes, but rather with the utilization.
                  Last edited by Aargh; March 19, 2020, 11:16 AM.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

This, 1,000%. Maybe not Fernandes so much, but his spot for getting significant minutes during his career wasn't good.
                    Thing is JB is Not a point Guard. He is a 2 that needed to develop his shot. He made big strides there. But definitely more of a 2 than a 1

Comment

• based of his twitter likes and retweets, JB must have felt disrespected in the same way ES did.

Seems odd, considering he lead the team in minutes and seemed to be a perfect Marshall player.

Maybe Gregg wasn’t lying when he said that he needs to change. Can’t be having players like JB feel they need to leave.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGr1z View Post
                        I am glad that JB did that. I think that is as much as should really "say" about it while maintaining the high road.
                        I agree and have no problem with it.

if fan base kept saying I left because of “x”, then the coach gave an interview which implied that I left because of “x”, and I really didn’t leave because of “x”, it would bother me.

Comment

• But it doesn't matter why all of these players are transferring right? We will just get new ones who will magically somehow not do the same thing in 1-2 years? /sarcasm

Comment

• IPBC has to be coming soon, I imagine.
                            The Assman

Comment

• mass exodus

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                IPBC has to be coming soon, I imagine.
                                heard that he has changed his mind and is staying, take that for what it's worth

Comment

Working...
                                X