No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, he's definitely being smart about his decision process.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Curious he wasn't sure of how fast WSU played only that he wants something a little faster. Two years and you don't know how fast your team plays. Hope it was just a mistake by the reporter in getting the right message.

Comment

• NM
        Last edited by ShockTalk; April 7, 2020, 10:40 AM. Reason: Wrong Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Curious he wasn't sure of how fast WSU played only that he wants something a little faster. Two years and you don't know how fast your team plays. Hope it was just a mistake by the reporter in getting the right message.
          Speed and athleticism don't seem to be his strengths. He was athletic for a 6'4 215 lb. kid (more of a football body), but not what I would call a skywalker who is super quick. Don't get me wrong. He wasn't a dud, but he wasn't springy either.

Comment

• Ok, I wasn’t glad JB left but, I’m sorry, he wasn’t waiting for the team to catch up to him. It was the other way around. We will see that this year. I remember thinking during all of his dribbling rifts at point guard “boy is he kind of a slow plodder”. The very reason people were saying he is not a natural pg.

Comment

• JB would thrive in a slower paced game where he can use his strength to bully his defenders. He is not quick but he is strong as hell. Why would he want to play in a system that negates his best asset? I’m not sure what he is thinking on this one. I wish him the best though. His life to live.

Comment

• JB is definitely more of a rumblin' tumblin', stiff armin' Emmitt Smith than a head fakin', cuttin' and acceleratin' Barry Sanders.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Curious he wasn't sure of how fast WSU played only that he wants something a little faster. Two years and you don't know how fast your team plays. Hope it was just a mistake by the reporter in getting the right message.
                  My take was the intent was to say he wasn't sure how "fast" WSU plays relative to NCAA basketball globally, but he want to play faster regardless.

Unfortunately for JB, he picked probably the worst time to transfer in the history of transfers for a player looking for a better personality fit. An inability to meet people face-to-face and see how they are outside of a 30-minute Zoom meeting has to make this extremely difficult.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I thought JB was less effective in a slow half court offense. He’s not quick enough to break down a defense, he basically had one move, which was to go left to right and try to get in the lane then use a series of fakes and pumps to get a shot off. To me, the pace of the offense is often dictated by the other teams defense as well as your ability to get steal and get out on the break. 3G would gladly let the guys run and gun if they we’re getting more steals.

Comment

• If I am JB, I don’t wait too long.

One school has already went another direction with someone ready to commit.

He night find himself waiting too long and having to settle.
                      The Assman

Comment

• He wants to play faster??? LOL!!! Good luck to whoever he signs with. I mean I wish him luck but man you have to know your strengths and weaknesses.

Not surprised OSU is out of the mix. They just got a commit from their first option in Jimmy Sotos from Bucknell.

Bucknell transfer Jimmy Sotos is headed to Ohio State, he tells 247Sports. “It was an obvious fit for me,” Sotos said. “I hit it off with coach

Comment

• I'm sure his comments have nothing to do with other player's speed or his own.

A team's tempo is all about how quickly they attack the defense vs running one or two sets trying to get something to develop and then clearing out for a one on one breakdown attempt with 7 seconds left on the shot clock. Sounds familiar​?

Our opponent adjusted tempo was 101 according to KenPom which is quicker than average. So he must want to play for a very uptempo team.

A very slow player can succeed in a fast tempo offense (Doug McDermott) and very quick players can succeed in slow tempo offenses (see Virginia).
                          ​​​​​

Comment

• Didn't want to start a new topic but there was an article in the eagle today about 5 players transferring from ksu. Any state wide or national outcry about this since it seemed to garner a whole lot of attention here and by some national guys. Asking for a friend

Comment

Didn't want to start a new topic but there was an article in the eagle today about 5 players transferring from ksu. Any state wide or national outcry about this since it seemed to garner a whole lot of attention here and by some national guys. Asking for a friend
                              I'm sure Jeff ******* is on the case...

Comment

Didn't want to start a new topic but there was an article in the eagle today about 5 players transferring from ksu. Any state wide or national outcry about this since it seemed to garner a whole lot of attention here and by some national guys. Asking for a friend
                                Plus, KSU has three seniors to replace.

Comment

Working...
                                X