No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mo ever leave if he isn't roommates with a particular someone?

Honest question.
    The Assman

Comment

• The good news would be if Dexter talked Mo into coming back. No comment yet by Dexter on his twitter account that I could see.

Comment

• Junior class gets lighter if this is Dex's last year. Not saying he's good enough yet to go pro, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has a good year and goes.

Comment

• Isn’t Porter redshirting? Thought I saw that reported somewhere.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
            Junior class gets lighter if this is Dex's last year. Not saying he's good enough yet to go pro, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has a good year and goes.
            Honestly, I hope Dex doesn’t have a senior year because it would mean that this upcoming season goes exceptionally well for him.
            78-65

Comment

• Not a fan of him for testing the market for a greener pasteur to only come back because no one wants him. Not a fan of the coaches for taking him back. It's not the same. Should've used the opportunity to upgrade. But what do I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                Gotta think one of the JUCO guards redshirts right?
                I don’t. Do you?

Comment

• I'm gonna give Mo the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure it wasn't a fun year with all the negativity in the locker room. Then to have your season cut short and not even get closure. It was probably easy to get caught up in the moment of everyone leaving and thinking you need to also. Without having those final conversations with coach and obviously having your "friends" in your ear, he made a choice. Let's not act like no one on here made a dumb choice in college based on what our friends were telling us. And we weren't dealing with a pandemic at the time.

This gives us
                  1. An experienced big that knows the system
                  2. Pretty much seals the deal that Dexter will be back barring him staying in the draft. Him and Udeze were pretty good friends from what I could tell of social media. Dexter already posted Udezes announcement to his Instagram story..

We likely weren't going to fill that scholarship with someone better than Udeze.

Comment

• Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
                    ·
                    1h
                    Morris Udeze announced he will return to Wichita State next season. This now means the Shockers only have 6 guys transferring, no longer are in the lead among D-1 schools.

Comment

• Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
                      ·
                      59m
                      It’s now a three-way tie for the most transfers: - Fresno State - Cal State Northridge - UAB

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        Surely, one of the Juniors RS. (Maybe two if AG gets a waiver).

It's a must.
                        I guess it’s possible but seems unlikely to me. Not sure we’ve ever had a JUCO redshirt and I think it defeats the purpose of recruiting a JUCO in the first place (instant maturity infusion). Also with Gilbert’s injury history I think it smart to have three options. I guess they could always pull the redshirt if he gets hurt but I dunno.

I don’t think it’s a must to break up that class. Just too hard to say what will happen in the future.
                        Last edited by pie n eye; April 20, 2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                          Gotta think one of the JUCO guards redshirts right? Even as crazy as it sounds. We now have a huge Junior class again with a small Sophmore class.
                          Perhaps we’ll sign another JUCO guard next year with Gilbert’s scholarship?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We likely weren't going to fill that scholarship with someone better than Udeze.
                            I'm OK with Mo back, but I also thought the Evansville kid had some real pluses and hoped we'd take a run at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
                              Not a fan of him for testing the market for a greener pasteur to only come back because no one wants him. Not a fan of the coaches for taking him back. It's not the same. Should've used the opportunity to upgrade. But what do I know.
                              I’m not going to hold it against him, none of us really know what’s going on in the kid’s life or what really happened behind the scenes that impacted his decision to leave initially. It’s hard to decide what the best move for yourself is at 20 years old, especially as a college athlete. I’m also not sure what the benefit is of not supporting a member of the team, though I could understand having a sour taste in your mouth about it for awhile. I also don’t think it’s that easy to upgrade at the 5 position this time of year, not a lot of quality bigs are left out there and if you wait too long, then what happens?

Bottom line is if GM wanted him back and accepted his return, I don’t see a reason a fan should hold it against him or withhold their support.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm OK with Mo back, but I also thought the Evansville kid had some real pluses and hoped we'd take a run at him.
                                He's a sit out transfer right?

Comment

Working...
                                X