Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I also, personally, think some of the fanbase wants Hooper simply because he was a past player, not necessarily that he's the best person for the job.

We need someone who understands the landscape of college baseball, not someone who understands what it was like to play Shocker baseball 25+ years ago.
    Hooper would be a slam dunk hire. But Boatright ****ed that up among other things.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Saal has someone in mind. Probably someone he worked with or for him in the past that is a head coach somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Hooper would be a slam dunk hire. But Boatright ****ed that up among other things.
        It won’t be Hooper or Hibbs, unless Saal’s top choices say no.

Comment

The right move and statement from Saal. Thank you.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Pretty surprised TBH.

I was very on the fence, but felt kinda down when I read the letter. Starting over is daunting. But may be for the best. Feels like a huge exodus is coming.

Comment

Grrrrr
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

AD's typically want to make their own hire

Comment

A national search is the right choice.

And from the release, it sounds as if Hibbs really didn't want to commit to being the HC. Now, maybe that was just a nice way to phrase things since they were going to do the search, but when he came here it did seem like he was transitioning out of the coaching aspect and helping elsewhere.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Guessing we see a ton more guys in the portal

Comment

I think that for the casual fan this announcement will be viewed a lot differently, and the last 10 years has created many of those fans. The people that have seen the product on the field over the last couple seasons know that this is the right move to make by ADKS. The talent has been there to compete for conference titles, but the execution and player development has been awful.

Comment

Hopefully Sirriani gets a look

Comment

Chuck Ingram in the portal now too...

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            Chuck Ingram in the portal now too...
                            That is not a surprise. He is one of many that will have lots of people reach out, if they haven’t been contacting constantly over past few months, with opportunities to make 6 figure NIL deals. Deservedly so. He has an incredibly bright future and also wouldn’t be surprised to see him drafted high enough to have a tough choice on his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

That is not a surprise. He is one of many that will have lots of people reach out, if they haven’t been contacting constantly over past few months, with opportunities to make 6 figure NIL deals. Deservedly so. He has an incredibly bright future and also wouldn’t be surprised to see him drafted high enough to have a tough choice on his hands.
                              Hopefully he just gets drafted high enough that the sting won't be there if he goes elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                A national search is the right choice.
                                Time will tell. I personally don't have a problem with a national search. I have a little issue with the timing, but I'm willing to wait and see how it unfolds before passing judgement.

And from the release, it sounds as if Hibbs really didn't want to commit to being the HC.

I didn't get that from the release but I can tell you that isn't a correct assessment.

Now, maybe that was just a nice way to phrase things since they were going to do the search, but when he came here it did seem like he was transitioning out of the coaching aspect and helping elsewhere.
                                That part IS fair and should have been/will be vetted by ADKS. Very fair.

This is a sad day for Shocker baseball. This has the potential if not the likelihood to be a total rebuild for a program that's been down for more than a decade, that was in fact making strides in a positive direction (that's over now), and is about to be the most northern of schools in a group of 10 pretty solid baseball schools. If you didn't like this season, you're going to absolutely hate the next couple of seasons if this plays out like it appears it will.

And say goodbye to the alumni base who have been **** on now twice. Good luck fixing that with the once a year Gala.

Comment

Working...
                                X