Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Yes
    46.67%
    No
    53.33%

I would assume Saal will wait till next Tuesday to make some type of announcement either way,
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

This should be handled like IB should have been handled.

Thank you for jumping in at a difficult time, but we will be conducting a national search. You will be under consideration but we are going to do our due diligence to make sure we make the best and right hire for WSU.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hotly contested race so far.

Comment

I think a more interesting question would be “should” Hibbs be retained as permanent head coach. I don’t think anybody really has a complete idea what Saal will do.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Is it unreasonable to leave Hibbs installed as "interim" for another season, to see if there is improvement?
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Is it unreasonable to leave Hibbs installed as "interim" for another season, to see if there is improvement?
              It may hurt recruiting the 25 class, but it is another option.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                That is what I believe will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                  That is what I believe will happen.
                  Inside info or just a gut?

Comment

No inside info. But based on discussion with how IB should have been handled.

Comment

One other difference between Hibbs and IB is a large part of the donors for baseball seem to be the alumni base who had success in either pro ball as players or coaches. That alumni base is pretty united behind Hibbs.

All of the basketball alumni seemed happy when IB got the job, but outside of FVV and his weight room donation, were silent during his tenure and subsequent termination.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Saying he's a winner doesn't make him a winner. His record is long at Charlotte with a ton of data points.

5 regionals in 27 attempts.
                          No deep runs that I saw.

But that's at a school with less talent (and baseball resources I would assume). So that makes it tricky.
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

We’re on pace for 5 regionals in the next 50 years.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If the staff returns, and produce a season in 2024 similar to that of 2023 (maybe even a few more wins), how would the fanbase respond?

The team and staff overperformed preseason expectations, especially following fHCEW leaving the program. They were picked 5th preseason, finished 3rd, swept ECU, and were ranked at one point. They then finished 6-10 over their final 16 and missed the tourney. I’m wondering if the lowered expectations heading into the season are playing a role in the overall evaluation of the situation.

Did the staff do a solid job with the hand dealt? Yes.

Will this level of performance be an acceptable level moving forward? This I am not as sure.
                              Last edited by shockerofandover0943; May 27, 2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X