Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
    Indiana State is hosting a regional this year and we are at home for the 10th year in a row. I know I'm living in the past, but that is tough to swallow.

I have no idea how to fix this outside of hiring a proven winner. We don't have the money for that so the decision to retain Scooter comes down to why he wants the job. Does he have a fire in his belly to right this ship or is he looking for a job to take him into retirement? I have zero connections these days, but considering how and why he left Charlotte makes me question the fire.
    Agreed.

No self respecting Shocker fan wants "mediocrity." We're better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not, if it is the norm. Shocks finished 30-25 and were 2 and 'que in the AAC Tournament. Move 5 wins from the loss column to the win column and having some somewhat regular visits to the NCAA Tournament as the norm would be acceptable to me. Can't speak for the general fan base, but I suspect that would be generally acceptable.
      Sorry, I just can't go there. 40 wins is the expectation and we should expect to regularly compete for the AAC title. Isn't that the same expectation for M Basketball? I get it that the glory days are gone, but having an ECU level program is 100% realistic here.
      7 regionals, 2-3 Super Regional's with an advancement to the College World Series once a decade is not reaching for the Stars. Outside of the meltdown in game 2 at Florida State, that is basically what we had here 2000-2010.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Who?
        Jace Miner
        Last edited by JJClamdip; May 29, 2023, 11:17 AM.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Twitter
          Attached Files
          An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post

Sorry, I just can't go there. 40 wins is the expectation and we should expect to regularly compete for the AAC title. Isn't that the same expectation for M Basketball? I get it that the glory days are gone, but having an ECU level program is 100% realistic here.
            7 regionals, 2-3 Super Regional's with an advancement to the College World Series once a decade is not reaching for the Stars. Outside of the meltdown in game 2 at Florida State, that is basically what we had here 2000-2010.
            But for some people, that wasn’t good enough anymore.

Now look where that got us.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

Jace Miner
              Just saw that on Twitter as well. Too bad.

Comment

The meeting with Hibbs & Saal started at 10:00 AM

Comment

He was asked by Wedge to help restore this program to greatness. He returned home to help do just that.

He wanted the job, his dream job, his alma mater, when Gene stepped down and even again when Wedge was hired. Believe me when I tell you he wants the job.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    He was asked by Wedge to help restore this program to greatness. He returned home to help do just that.

He wanted the job, his dream job, his alma mater, when Gene stepped down and even again when Wedge was hired. Believe me when I tell you he wants the job.
                    If they give Hibbs the job, I hope they give him the full support of long term contract and in facilities commitment, and not listen to the surrender monkeys who only want to do halfway measures. Hibbs is either right guy or not. But if he is, then act like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If they give Hibbs the job, I hope they give him the full support of long term contract and in facilities commitment, and not listen to the surrender monkeys who only want to do halfway measures. Hibbs is either right guy or not. But if he is, then act like it.
                      I'd pass then. My gut says we'd continue the never ending cycle of buyouts.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I am still waiting for you to show me some examples where a program (hopefully successful) hired a non-interim coach for 1 or 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Curious who you think could come in and not perpetuate the cycle of buyouts?

Comment

Backup catcher gage Williams is transferring

Comment

According to Twitter, Gage Williams, Jace Miner and Parker Dillhoff have all announced so far. Williams and Dillhoff are not surprising. They want to play.

Comment

How about somebody who hasn’t either played and/or coached their entire career in baseball ? Someone with part of their professional and adult life’s with some real world leadership skill. Clearly the program is lacking that. The perpetual cycle of player/coaches don’t always get to see good examples of solid leadership outside of baseball. It’s a larger problem in college baseball as a whole. There are some coaches around the country who have some life outside of baseball who bring that example back to baseball and it pays off.

Comment

Working...
                                X