Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Said he thought Hooper was interviewed

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Said he thought Hooper was interviewed
      I believe he meant one of the previous times the job was open. Not this time.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I believe he meant one of the previous times the job was open. Not this time.
        Yeah, I’m not sure which interview cycle that was in reference to. The quote in the interview was:

“I think Kevin Hooper was interviewed for the job. Obviously, you will have to ask the people who gave the interviews because I was not in there. I have heard that he interviewed for the job.”

Comment

• Pelf was a very good listen. Backed me off the edge a bit.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Still got my pitchforks out but they are now only within arms reach. I hope it works out that Pelf sticks around as the pitching coach, even if for only a few years. It would go a long ways towards uniting the fan base and alumni. As far as NIL, I have no idea what the answer is but with Indiana State, ORU, Southern Miss, and possibly Coastal heading to Super Regional's, it isn't the sole factor in our lack of success.
            Last edited by Shockerman; June 5, 2023, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Mike is a passionate man about Shocker Baseball as is Shane and probably the majority of the "old school" Baseball players. A friend spoke to me about a conversation with a current players (who is in the portal) relative. Several weeks ago he mentioned that the majority of the players this year was soft and did not respond to old school styles of coaching. Listening to MP's comments on the podcast seems to verify the relatives views. MP addresses most of the concerns that have been expressed here and to an extent assuaged my own feelings about the hire. Interesting that many of the players in the portal had already made up their minds to leave and go to a power conference and have had promises of scholarships and NIL agreements. This was happening even during the season with apparently one players handler actually soliciting offers. It's a great world we live in. The one bright spot was MP talking about Peyton Tolle. If you knew his mom and dad you would know how wll grounded the young man is. Numerous offers from many schools but he stands by his commitment. The recurring theme to MP was the need to support the new coach no matter who it is and just lately announced Brian Green and I know several have stated that they will support a program only if the product is worthy. Forgive me but I have always thought that thinking back asswards. I guess I will go see the new coach this week at his press conference. Go Shocks

Comment

Working...
                X