Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those are fine.. as long as most of the people ahead of them are actually staying.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      All those are fine.. as long as most of the people ahead of them are actually staying.
      Losing Jace Miner leaves a bit of a mark, but agree on the other guys mentioned so far.

Comment

Cooper Harris in the portal as well.

Comment

Austin Wallace in the portal as a grad transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I am still waiting for you to show me some examples where a program (hopefully successful) hired a non-interim coach for 1 or 2 years?
            Well since the written rule is you have to sign a contract to a minimum of 4 years I would look for some younger blood. If the focus is truly long term then who's the best available to lead the program for the next decade?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Curious who you think could come in and not perpetuate the cycle of buyouts?
              There's one obvious name. Beyond that baseball is a pretty popular sport. I'm sure ADKS can come up with a few names from the general baseball community.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

There's one obvious name. Beyond that baseball is a pretty popular sport. I'm sure ADKS can come up with a few names from the general baseball community.
                One obvious name? Who is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

One obvious name? Who is that?
                  Would it not be Hooper??

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Would it not be Hooper??
                    I think the Hooper boat has sailed. From what I have heard he is on the path to be a MLB General Manager.

Comment

Shouldn't we know something relatively soon?

I would think if the choice to move on was already made, that would be public rather quickly.

If there is negotiations with Hibbs - I could see that taking some time and obviously being private.

Just spitballing.

Comment

Should be any minute I’m guessing

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I think the Hooper boat has sailed. From what I have heard he is on the path to be a MLB General Manager.
                          I also, personally, think some of the fanbase wants Hooper simply because he was a past player, not necessarily that he's the best person for the job.

We need someone who understands the landscape of college baseball, not someone who understands what it was like to play Shocker baseball 25+ years ago.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Comment

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Should be any minute I’m guessing
                                You Sir, are the man with the a finger on the pulse of WSU Athletics. None of us are worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X