Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBA View Post
    How about somebody who hasn’t either played and/or coached their entire career in baseball ? Someone with part of their professional and adult life’s with some real world leadership skill. Clearly the program is lacking that. The perpetual cycle of player/coaches don’t always get to see good examples of solid leadership outside of baseball. It’s a larger problem in college baseball as a whole. There are some coaches around the country who have some life outside of baseball who bring that example back to baseball and it pays off.
    Seriously?

Why don't you make a list of Shocker Baseball alumni that make a difference outside of sports.

If you put your nose to the grindstone you should be done by fall ball.

Here's an idea....why not just let the kids run the program?!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      He was asked by Wedge to help restore this program to greatness. He returned home to help do just that.

He wanted the job, his dream job, his alma mater, when Gene stepped down and even again when Wedge was hired. Believe me when I tell you he wants the job.
      What does that say that he wasn't hired on those two occasions?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

What does that say that he wasn't hired on those two occasions?
        Well for starters it says the guy that hired Butler made a shitty ****ing decision.

Comment

How about somebody who hasn’t either played and/or coached their entire career in baseball ? Someone with part of their professional and adult life’s with some real world leadership skill. Clearly the program is lacking that. The perpetual cycle of player/coaches don’t always get to see good examples of solid leadership outside of baseball. It’s a larger problem in college baseball as a whole. There are some coaches around the country who have some life outside of baseball who bring that example back to baseball and it pays off.
          So...You want a person, that has never played baseball, or coached baseball to be our Head Coach??

Comment

How about mayor Brandon Whipple, he is a proven leader and community organizer, I am sure he could handle the job easily.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Well for starters it says the guy that hired Butler made a shitty ****ing decision.
              I’ve been thinking a lot about this over the past week.

My goodness that was a bad hire.

Comment

No. Someone who has both baseball experience and real world experience outside of baseball. There are some at the D1 level with other schools who have been successful this way. Such as Vandy.

Comment

No. Someone who has both baseball experience and real world experience outside of baseball. There are some at the D1 level with other schools who have been successful this way. Such as Vandy.
                  Corbin has been a baseball coach for 40 years?

Comment

According to Twitter, Gage Williams, Jace Miner and Parker Dillhoff have all announced so far. Williams and Dillhoff are not surprising. They want to play.
                    Add Jordan Rogers. Guys want to play, I can't hold that against them. 3 of the 4 so far are not surprising at all and were decisions made some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Corbin has been a baseball coach for 40 years?
                      He has only been a college baseball coach his whole life. I would be all for Saal hiring a guy who would be with wsu the next 40 years, who wins a few national championships over that period and be a hall of fame coach.

And according to some we should hire him to a 1 year renewing contract.

Comment

Add Jordan Rogers. Guys want to play, I can't hold that against them. 3 of the 4 so far are not surprising at all and were decisions made some time ago.
                        I guess it depends on where they transfer to.

Comment

I would assume Jace is the one that is surprising so far?

Comment

Seth Stroth is gone.
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                              Seth Stroth is gone.
                              Again, not terribly surprising. The young man has a ton of potential.

Comment

Hmm I like Seth as a player

Comment

Working...
                                X