Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Henry had structural surgery during his senior year in high school (per his own Twitter account so that no one thinks I am saying something that isn't public knowledge regarding health). He was on schedule to resume on field work late this spring, in fact there was a plan to get him on the field sometime in May. However, he had setbacks in his rehab and the coaching staff, as they did every step along the way, protected the student athlete and kept him on the sideline. Due to his age, he will be draft eligible in the summer of '24 and will probably only see one season of college action if he can get/stay healthy. Believe me when I tell you he's the real deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Austin Henry had structural surgery during his senior year in high school (per his own Twitter account so that no one thinks I am saying something that isn't public knowledge regarding health). He was on schedule to resume on field work late this spring, in fact there was a plan to get him on the field sometime in May. However, he had setbacks in his rehab and the coaching staff, as they did every step along the way, protected the student athlete and kept him on the sideline. Due to his age, he will be draft eligible in the summer of '24 and will probably only see one season of college action if he can get/stay healthy. Believe me when I tell you he's the real deal.
      It's a dang shame us Shocker fans won't get to see it first hand.

Comment

• 1683 as of this morning in the transfer portal. Slowed down a a bunch. I would expect a couple of hundred more once the run to the NCAA World Series completes.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Pelfrey just stated he was told by a player during the season that there would only be six players who weren't planning to enter the portal. Sounds like regardless of the decision, there was going to be a completely different team at Eck next year.

Also sounds like Mike thinks Hibbs was a little too old school and a bit too harsh in how he handled good and bad.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He also said he has no issues with how the situation was handled by Saal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Pelfrey just stated he was told by a player during the season that there would only be six players who weren't planning to enter the portal. Sounds like regardless of the decision, there was going to be a completely different team at Eck next year.
              It’s been interesting. Was somewhat complementary of Saal. Maybe he’s just trying to keep a job.

Pelf really railed on how the program needs more community support. Talked a lot about what baseball and basketball had been like in the 2000s.

Idk man. Put any program through what WSU fans have been through and see what attendance looks like. Hell OSU has hosted back to back Regionals, their first round game was only 50 ish percent full. I get it, but didn’t love that being the first thing out of his mouth.

Also says the team didn’t respond well to being challenged.

Comment

• I was curious how this was going to go, but Mike seems to be pretty honest about all of this. Doesn't think Saal had his mind made up, even immediately following the meeting with Hibbs on Monday. Mike was also honest about the team under performing this year. He seems to have a decent amount of respect for Saal and obviously Mike only wants what's best for WSU.

I have a lot of respect for Mike in how he's handled this time on the show. Always been a fan of his, but much respect.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  I was curious how this was going to go, but Mike seems to be pretty honest about all of this. Doesn't think Saal had his mind made up, even immediately following the meeting with Hibbs on Monday. Mike was also honest about the team under performing this year. He seems to have a decent amount of respect for Saal and obviously Mike only wants what's best for WSU.

I have a lot of respect for Mike in how he's handled this time on the show. Always been a fan of his, but much respect.
                  Yes. Very matter of fact and seemingly super honest. Comes off well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yes. Very matter of fact and seemingly super honest. Comes off well.
                    I wish I hadn’t missed the first part; only listened to the last 15 minutes. I’m very impressed with what he’s said.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I wish I hadn’t missed the first part; only listened to the last 15 minutes. I’m very impressed with what he’s said.
                      Shane just said the show will be up for replay later this afternoon on the Podcast site.

http://www.espnwichita.com/podcasts/

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2023, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• No sour grapes from Pelf. Again sounded interested in staying so maybe that’s why.

Changes perspective a bit I suppose.

Said Saal told the coaching staff that “he felt in his head that there is something missing.”

Pelfrey adamant that Saal had not made his mind up until Tuesday. Obviously that’s just his read on it. But he didn’t waver in that after being asked several times.

Comment

• The way the team ended the season following the E. Carolina sweep did seem to show there was something missing with this team. We started the season bad, and ended it just as badly or worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Shane just said the show will be up for replay later this afternoon on the Podcast site.

http://www.espnwichita.com/podcasts/
                            Apparently it's already up
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Shane's podcast replay is already up: http://www.espnwichita.com/podcasts/

Comment

• It's hard not to feel like something was missing. There had to be a major disconnect. Look at the talent on the roster, the AAC awards, and compare that to the results and the only conclusion is that something doesn't add up. What that is I don't know. Could be a disconnect between the coaches and players (a la what Pelf alluded to with all but six kids saying they were gone even before Hibbs was let go). Could be kids chasing NIL money. Could be a combination of both. Any way you slice it there was definitely something not adding up about this team and situation.

Pelf definitely sounds like a guy who is interested in sticking around and hoping for that opportunity. My guess is if that is the case, it has already been worked out. Just a guess though. His appearance could be a way of trying to calm the torches and pitchforks coming from the fanbase towards the hire.

Comment

Working...
                                X