Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Yahoo! - Three potential candidates Wichita State might target for next head baseball coach

You can click the article to read about them. But the names are:

Brian Green - Washington State HC (was an assistant at Kentucky)
    Kevin Hooper - Atlanta Braves director of player development
    Ryan Folmar - Oral Roberts HC

It's what Taylor has come up with. I don't know much
    Can tell you right now without an ounce of regret that if it's Brain Green from Washington State we're going to have a heaping helping of a problem here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Time will tell. I personally don't have a problem with a national search. I have a little issue with the timing, but I'm willing to wait and see how it unfolds before passing judgement.

I didn't get that from the release but I can tell you that isn't a correct assessment.

That part IS fair and should have been/will be vetted by ADKS. Very fair.

This is a sad day for Shocker baseball. This has the potential if not the likelihood to be a total rebuild for a program that's been down for more than a decade, that was in fact making strides in a positive direction (that's over now), and is about to be the most northern of schools in a group of 10 pretty solid baseball schools. If you didn't like this season, you're going to absolutely hate the next couple of seasons if this plays out like it appears it will.

And say goodbye to the alumni base who have been **** on now twice. Good luck fixing that with the once a year Gala.
      I will respectfully disagree Doc regarding your response to this decision. I fully understand your closeness and relationships to those in the program and it might ultimately cloud your big picture outlook on the program.

Hibbs should be commended for stepping into a tough spot. He handled it well. Do we know for sure that everybody would’ve stayed even if Hibbs hadn’t been axed?

Ultimately, it comes down to play on the field to win people over. Going 6-10 to end the year, including 0-2 in the most important tournament of the year with a rather lifeless and careless showing doesn’t exactly scream forward momentum going into next year.

Do you continue to support mediocrity because that’s what we expect now and it’s the move that will ruffle the least feathers or do you start back over with at least giving yourself a chance to be better?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I will respectfully disagree Doc regarding your response to this decision. I fully understand your closeness and relationships to those in the program and it might ultimately cloud your big picture outlook on the program.
        I respect your opinion. I will make no apologies regarding my love for Shocker athletics and those that are involved with WSU. I don't dismiss that it might cloud my judgement, but, again respectfully, I believe that it puts me in a position where my knowledge and experience just might make me more qualified to assess, when compared to the average fan. To re-word, I know I am biased, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Hibbs should be commended for stepping into a tough spot. He handled it well. Do we know for sure that everybody would’ve stayed even if Hibbs hadn’t been axed?
        Yes, he should be commended and celebrated. And I believe we know for certain that everyone would most certainly NOT have stayed were things have been done differently. But some would have stayed. No doubt.

Ultimately, it comes down to play on the field to win people over. Going 6-10 to end the year, including 0-2 in the most important tournament of the year with a rather lifeless and careless showing doesn’t exactly scream forward momentum going into next year.
        This team lost some games they shouldn't have lost and won some they maybe shouldn't have won. I have argued that this team's "luck" wasn't good (ie they lost several games that could have gone either way while winning several run rule type games) but I concede that you make your own luck. And as I also stated earlier, the end of the season CERTAINLY wasn't what anyone expected or desired. Definitely a let down. That being said, I would choose to look big picture and I think it's a tough argument to make that the program didn't take a step forward this season, maybe a sizable step forward.

Do you continue to support mediocrity because that’s what we expect now and it’s the move that will ruffle the least feathers or do you start back over with at least giving yourself a chance to be better?
        Again, respectfully, this seems like a strawman to me. I don't think keeping the current staff precludes the program from having a "chance to be better". Nor am I conceding that all we are supporting is mediocrity. I have no problem ruffling feathers. But in the same breath that I believe our long term goal every season should be to win the National Championship, I will tell every single fan that until supporters start coughing up MILLIONS of donor dollars every single season going forward, '88-'98 are NEVER COMING BACK.

Comment

• ADKS just ****ed our baseball program
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I think Saal is taking on too many coaching changes in one off season

Comment

• We are f**ked ya'll!

Comment

• Doc I know you’ve been the biggest supporter of this program. We keep saying we’re gonna be better and year after year I feel we’ve fallen short.

Was this year better than expected? Maybe. I guess it depends how you look at it. Numbers showed improvement but dang there was some major lapses in judgment and decision making IMO.

I know youve been a positive guy here but year after year we’ve heard “special” and major “potential”. But here we are, another year far removed from a regional. At the end of the day, results matter.

And I don’t think anyone was asking or expecting anything resembling 88-98 again, but maybe something better than 1 regional a decade.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Doc I know you’ve been the biggest supporter of this program. We keep saying we’re gonna be better and year after year I feel we’ve fallen short.

Was this year better than expected? Maybe. I guess it depends how you look at it. Numbers showed improvement but dang there was some major lapses in judgment and decision making IMO.

I know youve been a positive guy here but year after year we’ve heard “special” and major “potential”. But here we are, another year far removed from a regional. At the end of the day, results matter.
                  For me it was mostly about the future classes and that momentum. The next couple of recruiting classes were about as good as any the program has had. I will say that is "on paper" but they were stacked! I say were, because that is likely gone now...

I am not one to say keep a coach because of recruiting classes, but in this case I ultimately think Hibbs deserved a shot based on his results and the recruiting that would have come in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    ADKS just ****ed our baseball program
                    This program has been ****ed for a long time.

Going 30-25 was not a step forward for the program. The way they played down the stretch and their performance in the AAC tournament did not give a person much confidence in the direction of this program. And based on the league awards, this team underperformed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This program has been ****ed for a long time.

Going 30-25 was not a step forward for the program. The way they played down the stretch and their performance in the AAC tournament did not give a person much confidence in the direction of this program. And based on the league awards, this team underperformed.

It mattered that we played meaningful games in the last 2 months of the season. It matters that our entire roster is now depleted and future recruiting is ****ed. It matters that the alumni who give the most $$ are completely alienated, AGAIN.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

It mattered that we played meaningful games in the last 2 months of the season. It matters that our entire roster is now depleted and future recruiting is ****ed. It matters that the alumni who give the most $$ are completely alienated, AGAIN.
                        Didn't matter to the fanbase as they didn't show up.

Did they really play meaningful games down the stretch if they lost most of them?

This was Hibbs jobs to lose, and he lost it down the stretch against beatable opponents. Then when handed a golden opportunity in the tournament didn't have his team ready.

Comment

• Brock Rodden in portal

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            Brock Rodden in portal
                            He going to be drafted and probably gone regardless.

Comment

• So is Mo. List updated. Won't be the last update.

Comment

The roster wasn’t guaranteed. It was a roster made up of a team that went 30-25. That isn’t a reason to save a coach.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X