Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He going to be drafted and probably gone regardless.
    Agreed

Comment

• One thing to remember...In this era of college athletics, the correct hire could reload us asap through the portal just as we are possibly seeing most of our current roster trying to leave us. Only thing for certain is next years team will have a lot of new names and faces. I would say that the timing of this hire is second most important thing, only thing more important is who it is!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan006 View Post
        One thing to remember...In this era of college athletics, the correct hire could reload us asap through the portal just as we are possibly seeing most of our current roster trying to leave us. Only thing for certain is next years team will have a lot of new names and faces. I would say that the timing of this hire is second most important thing, only thing more important is who it is!!
        Baseball no worky like that. 180 degree from basketball. Shoot for above .500 season 3. Next year going to be a joke.

Comment

• Don't forget the recruits as well. You're going to see a whole bunch of "thank you but after talking with my family and praying I've decided to reopen my recruitment" statements in the next few days.

Also, try not to forget the staff that have families. I realize Pelf will be ok, but this matters to him. And Siri has a young family and a home here. Conor and Nate and Logan. These are real people. People that have had the student athletes backs the entire time. And people that have done NOTHING wrong except apparently not win enough games to satisfy some people.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Don't forget the recruits as well. You're going to see a whole bunch of "thank you but after talking with my family and praying I've decided to reopen my recruitment" statements in the next few days.

Also, try not to forget the staff that have families. I realize Pelf will be ok, but this matters to him. And Siri has a young family and a home here. Conor and Nate and Logan. These are real people. People that have had the student athletes backs the entire time. And people that have done NOTHING wrong except apparently not win enough games to satisfy some people.
            Spot on as usual, Doc
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

Baseball no worky like that. 180 degree from basketball. Shoot for above .500 season 3. Next year going to be a joke.
              Portal just opened today, and guessing there is over a thousand names in there by the end of the day and will max out close to 3000. Not all of these are gems, but...Also, I would have to assume whoever is coming in has current players or recruits that are loyal to them. I would assume wherever Siri lands hes calling his 2023 & 2024 kids right away!

Its certainly no guarantee, but it doesn't have to be a **** show right away! But I do understand its not basketball

Comment

Portal just opened today, and guessing there is over a thousand names in there by the end of the day and will max out close to 3000. Not all of these are gems, but...Also, I would have to assume whoever is coming in has current players or recruits that are loyal to them. I would assume wherever Siri lands hes calling his 2023 & 2024 kids right away!

Its certainly no guarantee, but it doesn't have to be a **** show right away! But I do understand its not basketball
                I hope I’m wrong but it takes a pitching staff to compete in baseball. That usually is what takes several years to build.

Felt like WSU was finally going to have a little bit of depth pitching wise next year.

Comment

• We wanted an AD with big balls, well, we’ve got one. I’m happy I didn’t have to make the decision. I’m a lifelong Shockers fan and ‘almost’ nothing can stop me from supporting the university. Have to admit, the Ivanka Trump fiasco did cause me to reevaluate my level of commitment…
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I just posted ADKS's vote in the opening poll and that makes it 15-14 for the No's.

Comment

• If they hire Brian Green, Saal is asking for way less than mediocrity. He couldn’t even make the 9 team PAC 12 tournament. Weak choice.

Hooper may be able to save the sinking ship of players leaving but he has no college HC experience which Saal covets.

Will take money for Folmar to budge because other schools have tried to get him.

Comment

Since you seem to know so much about Siri, is he applying for the job?

Comment

• It is impossible for me to know what all the considerations and deliberations were that went into the decision by ADKS to go a different direction and I really do believe this was a difficult decision for him. I will say that I think ADKS is thinking a bit more strategically and globally over a longer time horizon than the typical fan does, which is usually a bit more tactical and short-term. Like how does this effect us next year. Now that doesn't mean that the decisions made by ADKS won't align with the how the fans are thinking and in some cases it won't. In terms, of men's and women's basketball ADKS seemed to be in sync with the fan base, although I guess technically we don't know if he would have replaced Keitha Adams or not. Clearly, there are mixed feelings about his decision not to hire Scooter Hibbs. ADKS not only has to make the call on these decisions he has to execute a successful hiring process. May be a few years before we can fairly evaluate ADKS's performance.

One of the stated goals, and probably the most difficult one to achieve, in the athletic department's 5-year plan is to win 15 conference championships. The Shocks won 2 this year. Men's Outdoor Track & Field and Softball. Winning 13 more over the next 4 years seems like a very tall task. On the other hand if the Shocks manage to win a couple of Men's basketball conference titles in the next few years that will probably satisfy the great majority of Shocker fans.

Comment

• Wow, Rodden an example of what portal has done to college athletics: A guy who almost certain to be drafted and gone kicks his school in the head on the way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                              Wow, Rodden an example of what portal has done to college athletics: A guy who almost certain to be drafted and gone kicks his school in the head on the way out.
                              I don't look at that way. While I do expect him to get drafted and and sign a pro-contract he might as well test the waters and cover all his bases. Plus that my give him a bit more leverage in negotiating his pro-contract.

I was surprised Brock came back this year and for that I thank him. He took a bit of a risk but he certainly validated that.his sophomore year was not a fluke.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 30, 2023, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Since you seem to know so much about Siri, is he applying for the job?
                                Don't know Siri or any of the coaches for that matter, I just go to games and observe and watch...I do believe Siri has done an awesome job recruiting. It is my opinion that he would be a good hire if you wanted to retain as much of the current players and future recruits as possible. It appears that current leadership wants a total new direction. I feel bad for the ones affected as wudrwu said.

Comment

Working...
                                X