Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Henry in portal now. Is Peyton Tolle the only one left on the whole team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      So, because WSU didn’t hire Hibbs, all the alumni and boosters are going forever? I get wanting to recapture the magic of the Stephenson era, but it didn’t work out.

WSU hasn’t hosted a regional since 2007. WSU hasn’t been to a regional since 2013. That includes a lot of years from Gene and the reboot.

With all the past success and with alumni and booster support, something still wasn’t working.

Saal now has a chance to hire someone who can win in todays college game.

If it’s a true college baseball guy, he’ll know the importance and history of Shocker baseball and will make sure to try and bridge those connections.

I know Shocker baseball is important to a lot of people and it’s painful to see how it’s fallen from grace, but I don’t think moving in a new direction is a death mail at all.

This could be the start of a true revival. It could fall flat on its face (to be honest, I would say missing the tournament for 10 years is already there, so no harm in trying something new).

Time will tell.
      So Gene has been to a regional more recently than Hibbs and Charlotte’s new coach has been there 2 out of his 3 chances…

Even if the new hire sucks Saal’s mistake will be in his pick, it definitely won’t be in not retaining Hibbs.

Comment

• The old guard pro-Gene crowd still alive and well. If Scooter had no prior connection would anyone bat an eye at this decision?

Comment

• Here are baseball related donations since 2016 ...

Year Baseball Program Eck Stadium
          2016 $327,743 $550
          2017 $165,689 $769,833
          2018 $231,421 $920,074
          2019 $225,044 $646,567
          2020 $202,920 $367,497
          2021 $203,961 $64,096
          2022 $339,868 $111,333
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Here are baseball related donations since 2016 ...
            2016 $327,743 $550
            2017 $165,689 $769,833
            2018 $231,421 $920,074
            2019 $225,044 $646,567
            2020 $202,920 $367,497
            2021 $203,961 $64,096
            2022 $339,868 $111,333

Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

Thought it would be much higher in both categories.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Here are baseball related donations since 2016 ...

2016 $327,743 $550
              2017 $165,689 $769,833
              2018 $231,421 $920,074
              2019 $225,044 $646,567
              2020 $202,920 $367,497
              2021 $203,961 $64,096
              2022 $339,868 $111,333
              So the giving was better under Todd Butler than unders Wedge/Hibbs?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                Austin Henry in portal now. Is Peyton Tolle the only one left on the whole team?
                As of this morning 1609 in the portal and climbing.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Austin Henry in portal now. Is Peyton Tolle the only one left on the whole team?
                  I hope he continues to be unaffected by the Benjamin’s being thrown at him. He would be the kind of kid you want to build a program around.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Apparently. We'll know some time after June 30 what 2023 looks like.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Kemnitz is the common denominator but he will have his work cut out for him because guess where that money came from? It had nothing to do with Numnutz Butler. Donations were up substantially the last year based on some boosters whose relatives are now not part of the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

As of this morning 1609 in the portal and climbing.
                        That’s just us. What about the rest of the country?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I hope he continues to be unaffected by the Benjamin’s being thrown at him. He would be the kind of kid you want to build a program around.
                          I had high hopes for him, not much happened this year though. I see he was the #1 recruit from SD, which isn't TX/CA/FL etc but still a pretty dang good rating.

Comment

I had high hopes for him, not much happened this year though. I see he was the #1 recruit from SD, which isn't TX/CA/FL etc but still a pretty dang good rating.
                            Wasn't Henry out after TJ surgery?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

That’s just us. What about the rest of the country?
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Wasn't Henry out after TJ surgery?
                                I wasn’t sure honestly, I knew he had an injury but didn’t follow him much.

Comment

Working...
                                X