Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next few years are going to be brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      I can give HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of reasons not a single person at Wichita State should question Brock Rodden.

I might be mistaken, but I don’t think Loren Hibbs is prevented from applying for the role. He just won Coach of the Year. This position could still be his to lose.

I can’t say that I am excited about the list Taylor released, but know that there are others that have expressed interest.

There are coaches from (state) Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Georgia putting out feelers about the role.

I’m not worried.
      The last time you said “I’m not worried” we got taken apart by Memphis, shut down my Houston and finished winless in Clearwater.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Well, one poster here has to be happy....FIRE EVERYBODY!!! Regardless the sport!!!
        You’re an imbecile who contributed ZERO, per usual.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          Next few years are going to be brutal.
          This is the process, especially nowadays, when letting someone go.

Are the people that are upset by this decision already forgetting how the last few weeks of the season went? That was brutal to watch. I can’t imagine anybody getting truly excited about our prospects after going 30-25, fizzling down the stretch, and was about to lose our top couple of players anyways.

Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

This is the process, especially nowadays, when letting someone go.

Are the people that are upset by this decision already forgetting how the last few weeks of the season went? That was brutal to watch. I can’t imagine anybody getting truly excited about our prospects after going 30-25, fizzling down the stretch, and was about to lose our top couple of players anyways.
            Not going to get much of an argument from me on any of that. All valid.

Still doesn’t make me feel great about today.

Comment

• Lot of posts indicating the MLB alumni and baseball donors are going to stop supporting the program if a Stephenson legacy isn't in charge. That would make those people Stephenson supporters, not WSU supporters.

Every era ends. Sexton probably should have let Stephenson set his own retirement date, but that ship sailed long ago and led us to the point where we are now.

If you look at the history, the Stephenson era ended when Christiansen bounced a fastball of the eye socket of a player in the on deck circle. Stephenson could have possibly survived that if Christiansen had been removed from the team and possibly removed from the University, but letting that go with no punishment seriously damaged his recruiting abilities. He was never going to be a consistent coach in the CWS after that.

Then there was the OU fiasco. That further damaged his ability to recruit because there was the impression that he was looking for other opportunities. Even with all that, he should have been allowed to retire under his own terms although his results would likely have been similar to what Hibbs did this year.

It's today that fans are mourning the end of the Stephenson era and predicting dire circumstances when that era ends. That era ended years ago. It was a dead man walking. Boatwright could have kept it alive by hiring Hooper or Standiford instead of Butler, but that didn't happen. Now ADKS is taking heat on SN for putting an absolute end to an era that had already passed.

When the #1 and #2 seeds in the conference tourney went down, it was imperative to win the first round game. Not putting the #1 pitcher on the mound and the fielders dropping 2 out fly balls in three different innings isn't a way for a coach to keep his job. Win that game and the Shox are in a great position to go to a Regional. It seems that the players had already quit for the year, and that's on the coach.

Hibbs may have lost control of the team late in the year. ADKS may have had conversations with the players before he decided to look other places for a permanent coach.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Miner’s dad is out on social media telling TE not to characterize his son leaving because Hibbs wasn’t hired. He said

I can assure you of that-there is a lot you don’t know obviously… Many including my son entered the portal before the decision. Lot more to it.

Comment

• The portal works both ways. When the new coach is hired, he will be bringing his guys with him. The important thing is to get the hire right.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Miner’s dad is out on social media telling TE not to characterize his son leaving because Hibbs wasn’t hired. He said
                    So roster movement was happening regardless. Hmm.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Miner’s dad is out on social media telling TE not to characterize his son leaving because Hibbs wasn’t hired. He said
                      That ‘tweet’ did get my attention…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lutz was also mentioning Miner's dad on his show yesterday. Paraphrasing: said something to Lutz personally about how many guys were going to leave regardless.

Also worth mentioning several of those guys who had their portal tweets yesterday specifically mentioned the coaching change - basically signaling that was the only reason they were leaving.

So, as with everything, it's a mixed boat.

Comment

• Kyte McDonald leaving as well

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            Lutz was also mentioning Miner's dad on his show yesterday. Paraphrasing: said something to Lutz personally about how many guys were going to leave regardless.

Also worth mentioning several of those guys who had their portal tweets yesterday specifically mentioned the coaching change - basically signaling that was the only reason they were leaving.

So, as with everything, it's a mixed boat.
                            Just shows you don’t make coaching hires on retaining or not retaining players.

Comment

• Talk about starting from scratch!
                              Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

What’s the chances we retain Tolle? Hopefully NIL isn’t a factor in some of the mass exodus.

The sun did come up this morning. Let’s see what the tide brings in.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Talk about starting from scratch!
                                Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

What’s the chances we retain Tolle? Hopefully NIL isn’t a factor in some of the mass exodus.

The sun did come up this morning. Let’s see what the tide brings in.

Either Tolle is extremely loyal, getting great NIL, or waiting on something... he is the last major Domino left to fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X