Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Scooter be named permanent head coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan006 View Post

Don't know Siri or any of the coaches for that matter, I just go to games and observe and watch...I do believe Siri has done an awesome job recruiting. It is my opinion that he would be a good hire if you wanted to retain as much of the current players and future recruits as possible. It appears that current leadership wants a total new direction. I feel bad for the ones affected as wudrwu said.
    I would agree and Siri will be a great HC some day

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      Wow, Rodden an example of what portal has done to college athletics: A guy who almost certain to be drafted and gone kicks his school in the head on the way out.
      There are at least 5.000 examples you can use for disloyalty before Brock Rodden.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

There are at least 5.000 examples you can use for disloyalty before Brock Rodden.
        Agreed. He's got to get his name in the portal essentially as an insurance policy. Don't begrudge him one bit or see it as a shot at WSU.

Comment

• It's nearly summer, some might be testing the waters...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I can give HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of reasons not a single person at Wichita State should question Brock Rodden.

I might be mistaken, but I don’t think Loren Hibbs is prevented from applying for the role. He just won Coach of the Year. This position could still be his to lose.

I can’t say that I am excited about the list Taylor released, but know that there are others that have expressed interest.

There are coaches from (state) Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Georgia putting out feelers about the role.

I’m not worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              I can give HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of reasons not a single person at Wichita State should question Brock Rodden.

I might be mistaken, but I don’t think Loren Hibbs is prevented from applying for the role. He just won Coach of the Year. This position could still be his to lose.

I can’t say that I am excited about the list Taylor released, but know that there are others that have expressed interest.

There are coaches from (state) Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Georgia putting out feelers about the role.

I’m not worried.
              At this point, would he still want to? Scooter might feel like he has been jerked around enough that he is done with the situation.

But who knows?
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                I think Saal is taking on too many coaching changes in one off season
                Is there a quota?

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

It mattered that we played meaningful games in the last 2 months of the season. It matters that our entire roster is now depleted and future recruiting is ****ed. It matters that the alumni who give the most $$ are completely alienated, AGAIN.
                  So meaningful games the last 2 months is the current standard?

Comment

• Well, one poster here has to be happy....FIRE EVERYBODY!!! Regardless the sport!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Don't forget the recruits as well. You're going to see a whole bunch of "thank you but after talking with my family and praying I've decided to reopen my recruitment" statements in the next few days.

Also, try not to forget the staff that have families. I realize Pelf will be ok, but this matters to him. And Siri has a young family and a home here. Conor and Nate and Logan. These are real people. People that have had the student athletes backs the entire time. And people that have done NOTHING wrong except apparently not win enough games to satisfy some people.
                      I get the human aspect but you have to know choosing this career path it's part of the deal and always will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        We wanted an AD with big balls, well, we’ve got one. I’m happy I didn’t have to make the decision. I’m a lifelong Shockers fan and ‘almost’ nothing can stop me from supporting the university. Have to admit, the Ivanka Trump fiasco did cause me to reevaluate my level of commitment…
                        Exactly. Why are people so surprised ADKS chose this path? This is what good up and coming AD's do. Now it could certainly backfire and it's possible Saal doesn't last long but this is why we hired him and how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Thank you to you and all others who responded to my post essentially proving my premise that the portal has made it so there is no reason why anyone should stay with the school that originally offered them a scholarship. Just look at your answers. Ha ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Is there a quota?
                            We will sure see if he is in over his head…

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

We will sure see if he is in over his head…
                              100%. He's not shy to stamp his name. He will own every bit of these decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Spot on as usual, Doc
                                Im not sure how the person who led the charge on putting up a billboard to get a man fired from WSU can look at that post and agree that it's spot on (I agree it is).

Everybody who goes into the business of college athletics knows job security isnt a selling point. In my opinion letting go of Boatright, Brown and Hibbs were all correct decisions for the future of WSU athletics, but lets not act like the baseball staff are the only one with families.

Comment

Working...
                                X