No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No doubt that he is not near the perfect coach. His courtside demeanor turns some people off, his media squabbles are probably not a point in his favor, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      South Carolina is the one job that worries me about coach Marshall. Hopefully he will decide to wait and go for it when it opens up again 5 years from now.
      Doesn't make sense to me. He turned down NC State last year which is close enough to home to be home. It's only a couple of hundred miles from SC. HCGM was reportedly interested in Tennessee (and vice versa) at one point of another in his career. Marshall didn't go to SC, so I just don't get why it would be so much more attractive than NC State or even Wake Forest for that matter.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• The Frank Martin to South Carolina rumors are really heating up. According to sources, Martin may have already been in contact with USC officials. South Carolina native Gregg Marshall was believed to be the #1 target, but he may have priced himself out of the game. Marshall reportedly wants a 7-year $2.5 million deal.

Comment

• If true, Marshall is smart to ask for that... SC would be a high risk location, and if you are going home, you want to make enough to retire on once you get there...

Not to ADES. Get the checkbook out...

Comment

• Man, if this is the case, Frank REALLY wants out of Manhattan bad. Can't say that I blame him though.
            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• Frank Martin looks and acts like a nut job, but I'm convinced he can develop players. After I watched K State the first two games of the season, if someone would've told me they would be in the tournament, I would have had them committed.

It takes a certain player to be able to play for him, but he seems to find them.

With his AAU contacts back east with the DC Assault gang and others, I could see him doing okay there.

Comment

• I guess GM does think he could ingest some more hamburgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                  Man, if this is the case, Frank REALLY wants out of Manhattan bad. Can't say that I blame him though.
                  there was chatter in KC today about KState needing to step up and do what it takes to keep Martin.. but it wasn't related to this job as far as I could tell. Seemed to be more about the Jamar Samuels matter and the way KState dealt with the eligibility issue.

Comment

• I wonder if Frank is pissed about how the administration handled the Jamaar Samuels situation
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      I wonder if Frank is pissed about how the administration handled the Jamaar Samuels situation
                      Don't know. It was mainly Kevin Keitzman speculating, and Kevin can be a gas bag at times, but he is also a KState alum, and has never had much good to say about their AD(s) and the way they handle stuff. I can't see Martin leaving for SC, but who knows...

of course, they had issues with other players last year or early this season getting "employee discounts" on clothes at Dillards, which cost some players their eligibility (temporarily)...

Comment

• Start the Marshall to KSt rumor mill...anyone have access to Tractor Tracker™?
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          I guess GM does think he could ingest some more hamburgers.
                          If that report is true, I doubt that his initial demands are really about getting a bump in salary. I think that the 7-year part is more important. By demanding a long-term, high dollar figure salary he would be forcing USC to commit to him for the long term. One of the great things about the WSU job is the job security of a long term contract and a prerequisite for any school wanting to court Marshall is to offer that same security (now the fact that he demands that as a prerequisite doesn't mean he would actually take the job, just that he would consider it).
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• 2.5..... is that even reasonable?
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• What exactly did the KSU administration do wrong about the $200 Samuels was wired during the weekend of the NCAA tournament?

Makes you wonder how much of this stuff goes on undetected. Probably bunches.

Comment

Working...
                              X