Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    2.5..... is that even reasonable?

According to this, it would make him tied for the 5th highest paid coach in the country
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• If the SC AD is "reluctant" to "take a run" at GM but is facing a lot of pressure (from whom) to do so, just how much cooperation and backing would Gregg get from the Athletic Department if they were forced to hire him? Doesn't sound too rosy to me, even if he got the bucks. The grass is not always greener. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Don't know. It was mainly Kevin Keitzman speculating, and Kevin can be a gas bag at times, but he is also a KState alum, and has never had much good to say about their AD(s) and the way they handle stuff. I can't see Martin leaving for SC, but who knows...

of course, they had issues with other players last year or early this season getting "employee discounts" on clothes at Dillards, which cost some players their eligibility (temporarily)...
        I heard Petro stating the same thing, but in regards to the Illinois job. And, to Newshock's point, a lot is being made in reference to Frank being pissed off about the Samuels situation and Frank not being happy with how that decision came down. Also that the admin is new in KSU and the way he talked at the presser didn't sound like someone who is on the same page with the AD and President.

All total speculation, but speculation for Soren Petro is better speculation than most.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

No, and that may be the answer.

Comment

• If Marshall wants to see his kids graduate from Wichita, as I've read on Shockernet, he needn't worry... the South Carolina job will open up again in 4-7 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              No, and that may be the answer.
              I think that's exactly right. It's a nice way of saying, "Sorry, not interested."
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Or, I like where I am, if you want me to move, you have to blow me away.

Comment

• Could someone please summarize for me what the WSU contract is with Marshall as of right now/any known future things that he will be getting from us? And just to make sure Im understanding correctly, currently there are rumors that KSt, USC, and SC all want him (potentially...I realize most rumors come from message boards, ect)?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    If Marshall wants to see his kids graduate from Wichita, as I've read on Shockernet, he needn't worry... the South Carolina job will open up again in 4-7 years.
                    That is my thinking too.

Comment

• Break-a-knee-'kay?

Oops, wrong thread! LMAO .. I'll repost it in the right one.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Hey ‘fever’, what’s a “douchnozzle?
                        A douchenozzle is similar to that of the douchepickle. Ask nightwatchman for further details.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Maybe it's a nice way of telling South Carolina "I'm not interested".

EDIT: Didn't read the rest of the posts. I agree with the above posters.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not that I really care about the rumor or the post, because I don't think Marshall is going to leave and K-State doesn't particularly matter to me, but who the heck is hoopdirt and what causes us to believe he's in any way credible?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Frank Martin looks and acts like a nut job, but I'm convinced he can develop players. After I watched K State the first two games of the season, if someone would've told me they would be in the tournament, I would have had them committed.

It takes a certain player to be able to play for him, but he seems to find them.

With his AAU contacts back east with the DC Assault gang and others, I could see him doing okay there.
                              Recruiting to manhattan is almost as difficult to recruit to say lubbock tx. He would do very well recruiting in South Carolina.

Comment

• I hate all of these rumors. I can't wait until they are all put to rest. Unfortunately with coaching vacancies that can take a long time.

There is that domino effect. One job filled creates another opening and the merry go round goes on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X