South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I've got a perfect candidate for them: Quinn Snyder.
    Maybe Darrin Horn left behind a nice supply of hair gel that Snyder could partake in.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoDawg View Post
      Also, Groce is the new name being bounced around. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next week or so.
      There is a common tie between John Groce and Gregg Marshall. They were both hired in their present positions by Jim Schaus. You could do a lot worse than to ride Jim's hiring coattails.

Comment

• word is, we will most likely have a new coach in 10days. before the final4.we shall see.
        Last edited by USCgamecockboy; March 19, 2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Tubby has nine Sweet 16s and four Elite 8s to his credit along with a ring. Downside to him is the fact the dude is over 60 years old.
          he has acted like he was interested taking the coaching job here 1 or 2 times. only to use us to get more money. we aren't going to go with him. if u look at our a.d. he goes after coaches in their mid to late 30s and 40s.

Comment

Heard that too, but me personally (FWIW), am kinda iffy on that hire. He wasn't able to get things done at Michigan which is WAAAAAAAAY easier to recruit to than USC would be. I'd take either Capel or Tubby before I took him. At least with Tubby, you're getting a guy who knows how to win...even if it's in the NIT.
            also amicker doesn't like attention. he doesn't do radio or tv shows. so i think he is at the right school. think his wife is a professor at the same school he coaches. she loves it there. former duke assistants, have not done all that well, as head coaches.

some have said even k st coach. he has made it clear he is ready to leave k st. he tried to get the miami job. i think we would be a stepping stone for him. i am not interested in that.

Comment

Stallings is most likely making over $2M (exact amount isn't made public by Vandy). Can't answer questions about negotiating terms, but USC is ready to offer fair market value to whomever the new coach may be. I don't think it would be out of the questions for Marshall to be offered $2M.
              $2M is an awful amount of money to throw at a guy who's 1-9 in the NCAA tourney.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by USCgamecockboy View Post
                word is, we will most likely have a new coach in 10days. before the final4.we shall see.
                I hope, I just hate it when these things drag out, what ever the decision is from Marshall, I hope its quick. Its the best for everybody
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I saw a tweet today claiming that Sexton has not received a request for permission from USC to talk to Marshall.

David Cloninger ‏ @DCAtGCKCentral
                  • Wichita State Eric Sexton says that there has been no seeking of permission from USC to talk to Gregg Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Interesting....I wonder what Stallings' "pricetag" was that was such an issue? Word to the wise, if you really want Gregg, I suggest you come in with a mind blowing figure right out of the gate.

If it appears you're interested in doing it "on the cheap" I fear you're wasting your time (which you already may be doing). Just my .02.
                    IMO this one isnt about the money.
                    I think for 3G this job is about SC being on the same page as far as the rebuild goes. I feel like if he thinks Hyman is willing to do what it takes to right the ship and give him the resources he needs and the time to get it done, then everything else including money will take care of itself.
                    1.8 mil, 2.2 mil, 2.5 mil I dont think it matters unless he is convinced they are willing to go all the way with the rebuild.
                    So, in this case (being Marshall's home state school) I feel like the money part is the least important part of the equation.
                    again just my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I saw a tweet today claiming that Sexton has not received a request for permission from USC to talk to Marshall.

David Cloninger ‏ @DCAtGCKCentral
                      • Wichita State Eric Sexton says that there has been no seeking of permission from USC to talk to Gregg Marshall.
                      Royal, coaching brokers, aka Eddie fogler, generally have the deals done prior to getting permission. Just saying...

Comment

• Wonder if Fast Eddie will get involved in this one

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          Wonder if Fast Eddie will get involved in this one
                          Now that would be ironic

Comment

• Pretty sure Coach Fogler is involved in most major coaching searches in one way or another. Given his history at USC, I have to think it's about 99% that he's been contacted in one way or the other.

Say what you want about Eddie, but the man is as well connected as anyone out there and he's smart as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              $2M is an awful amount of money to throw at a guy who's 1-9 in the NCAA tourney.
                              it is in his contract, that he has to be the top 3 paid coach in the sec. so coach cal,donovan,stallings and bama's grant is 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                I hope, I just hate it when these things drag out, what ever the decision is from Marshall, I hope its quick. Its the best for everybody
                                very true.

Comment

Working...
                                X