South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
    If he did go, I'd hope we hire Jans .5 seconds later. Good coach, keep the recruiting class.
    Why are so sure they keep the recruiting class?

Comment

• No, I don't think so. Plus I doubt if matching is enough. If he wants to go home, he will. He's got a helluva deal here and he knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        No, I don't think so. Plus I doubt if matching is enough. If he wants to go home, he will. He's got a helluva deal here and he knows it.
        What do we think the ceiling is for a WSU basketball coach who would have us in the top 20 year in and year out? Or is that even a goal for the athletic department? Would be interesting to see what the cost/benefit analysis is that the AD is working with.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
          What do we think the ceiling is for a WSU basketball coach who would have us in the top 20 year in and year out? Or is that even a goal for the athletic department? Would be interesting to see what the cost/benefit analysis is that the AD is working with.
          We know what the cost is and the benefit for such a program would be immeasurable. After all what does ku offer other than its basketball program and flagship status? I mean I have yet to meet a ku alum that brags about the philosophy department.

Comment

• 3G will be making about 1.5mil here. I'm not sure 2mil is enough. Especially for a job like SC.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• South Carolina Job Opening

The firing is old news, so I thought I would start a clean thread.

This is one weird conversation on the SC board:

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                3G will be making about 1.5mil here. I'm not sure 2mil is enough. Especially for a job like SC.
                Yeah, I was gonna say his contract calls for $150k raises every year over the life of the contract. He started with a $900k base, so he's making, what, about $1.2M to $1.4M right now? If he stays through the life of the contract, he'd be making well over $2M.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• 8 years is a HUGE garuntee, which we offer and I'm not sure other BCS programs would at this time. HCGM is set to average 1.5 mil over the next 8 and his contract will be at 2 mil in 8 years with the garunteed raises. He also has a weak buy-out so he can bolt at any time. This is a good situation for him where he can wait out his dream job (if it isn't WSU). If USC is his dream job and this is the right time to go in his mind, he will.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Yeah, I was gonna say his contract calls for $150k raises every year over the life of the contract. He started with a $900k base, so he's making, what, about $1.2M to $1.4M right now? If he stays through the life of the contract, he'd be making well over $2M.
                    I don't believe his contract calls for $150 raise to his base salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      I could be wrong, but I thought this was year 1 at 900K with 125K raise each year. That would put him at 1.025 mil (base) next year and 1.250 the following...
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        I could be wrong, but I thought this was year 1 at 900K with 125K raise each year. That would put him at 1.025 mil (base) next year and 1.250 the following...
                        Ah, I thought last year was the first year, but yes, you're right, this was the first year.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• It's offensive at best, repulsive at worst.

Comment

• No need for more than one thread.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• It still amazes me how badly most fanbases want Marshall, considering that in five years at WSU, he has made one NCAA and failed to win a game. Don't get me wrong, he's a great coach, and I hope he stays here forever, but usually coaches have to win a few games in the tournament before teams start salivating over them.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                No need for more than one thread.
                                They are separate issues but whatever, can you please restore my original post with the link?

Ooops, never mind, sorry it was buried in the previous page.

Comment

Working...
                                X