South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
    Last edited by taneyhill; 4 Minutes Ago at 07:23 PM. because taneyhill misspelled a word and didn't want to look like a douche.
    Oops!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Hahahaha
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Hope I am always seen as stupid as Jay Bilas.

Hey, ADs w/ head coaching jobs open: if you don't call KU's Danny Manning, you are total idiots. No search firm necessary. You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Hope I am always seen as stupid as Jay Bilas.

Hey, ADs w/ head coaching jobs open: if you don't call KU's Danny Manning, you are total idiots. No search firm necessary. You're welcome.
          What is this based on? Danny coaching up 4 and 5 stars? Recruiting 5 stars to Kansas?

I have no doubt Danny has much knowledge to pass along. What I doubt, simply because their is NO work to judge, is his ability as a head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            The only thing I like about South Carolina is Xavier McDaniel, though that is a lot to like.
            Don't forget the Praylow twins....
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gococks2014 View Post
              I didn't realize Herb Sendek was still coaching at ASU.

I do know there are rumors of Johnny Dawkins' name being in the mix so that is why I said I'm sure some of those names are on our list
              Ahh! But if I would have said Chip Kelly, Jeff Tedford, Steve Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin, etc. you would have picked up on the joke right away. Football will always be first.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                Ahh! But if I would have said Chip Kelly, Jeff Tedford, Steve Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin, etc. you would have picked up on the joke right away. Football will always be first.
                It might also have something to do with the fact that Pac-12 basketball this season blows and no one on the east coast paid attention to it this year.

Comment

• Jeff Capel would be a good hire for SC.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• That has been brought up on many of our boards but his failure at Oklahoma has been a turn-off for most fans. We'll see if our AD feels the same way

Comment

It might also have something to do with the fact that Pac-12 basketball this season blows and no one on the east coast paid attention to it this year.
                      Ding....ding...and...ding.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Ding....ding...and...ding.
                        Not sure what that proves, besides the Pac-12 being the worst power conference in the nation this year and being on ESPN about 3-4 times. East coast has ACC, Big East, and Kentucky to watch and keep up with, not many fans over here keep up with the Pac-12. If this was your way of proving that basketball is just a third wheel over here, I'm sorry to say it's not a very good argument. If you ask USC fans who coaches in the SEC, or the ACC for that matter, I'm sure many could tell you that.

Comment

That has been brought up on many of our boards but his failure at Oklahoma has been a turn-off for most fans. We'll see if our AD feels the same way
                          USC, like most low range BCS basketball schools, will probably not get their first, second or even third choice. More than likely the person that will get the job is down on the totem pole a ways.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Your Probably right hopefully not but you probably are. What ever coach takes the job it's going to be a tough job. IMO I would be very happy if GM took the job but I don't see it happening. He has a great thing there basketball is tops I read stories about him going on recruiting trips in a private plane. That is not going to happen here. This is his home which can go a long way and believe what you want USC fans are dying for a winning basketball program. USC has always been a good baseball team football is finally winning if the next coach came in a turned the Bball team around that coach would be loved. With this being GM's home and if he thinks he can turn the team around that could be appealing with that said I just don't think it will happen. A lot of fans want him some don't and some think we are going to steal coach K or Roy Williams away from there teams. Any USC fan that is living in reality knows this is not the most appealing job but if turned around it would be a GREAT job. It's just hard to turn around we haven't had much success EVER so I know we are probably not going to get who we want and might have to settle for someone. I know the AD said he is going to try to get the best guy offer 5 years at 1.5 million a year with bonuses. I trust Hyman will make the best hire and with that deal hopefully it will attract a very good coach. We should have NEVER let GM get out of state he took a team with no history in basketball (Winthrop) and made them Legit. You guys gave him a chance and treat him very well I am sure that will go a very long way. Who ever we get I just want the best coach possible.

Comment

• My take is .... HCGM isn't a job-hopper. He finally left Winthrop after getting them to the dance 7 times and only winning one game. I think he just realized that that was about as far as he could take them and it was time to see what he could do at a place like Wichita State. Since he's been here, there has been progress every year, including this year. There's still room for growth and things to check off of the checklist, here. He has unfinished business @ the Roundhouse, for now.

Comment

• If it's his dream job and they start at 2 million per year, he'll go.

Comment

Working...
                                X