South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YoDawg View Post
    By the way, how's the Shocker baseball team looking?
    Not great. Pitching is OK. Defense better this year than last. Offense looks to be pretty anemic. We will go as far as our pitching can carry us but they may be suing for non-support by the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I had not heard about john and the nets...this means there is already an ncaa investigation going on and he will be the only coach in ncaa history to have to vacate 3 final fours from three different schools.
      And probably an NCAA ban from coaching if this is the case. So Kentucky and Syracuse could both forfeit all their games this year?

Comment

By the way, how's the Shocker baseball team looking?
        Zing. We just got our hearts ripped out last night in basketball and then you had to go there?

Sorry, touchy subject around here.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Not great. Pitching is OK. Defense better this year than last. Offense looks to be pretty anemic. We will go as far as our pitching can carry us but they may be suing for non-support by the end of the year.
          Hate to hear that...always been a Shocker fan. When I was younger, we'd always visit relatives in tiny Madison, Kansas, and I picked up a Shocker hat. Been a fan since. Hopefully it'll come together, but it seems as if a lot of teams are dealing anemic bats right now.

Comment

• Stallings would be a great hire, classy guy. 2 million and new facilities? HUGE STEP UP from Vandy. And yes about Calipari, he wants the Nets job.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Zing. We just got our hearts ripped out last night in basketball and then you had to go there?

Sorry, touchy subject around here.
              Completely unintentional...apologies offered. Always been a Shocker fan, just not able to keep up to date as I once was. Hopefully it'll turn around. But, if anything, I can relate because I feel the same way about our basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Stallings would be a great hire, classy guy. 2 million and new facilities? HUGE STEP UP from Vandy. And yes about Calipari, he wants the Nets job.
                Pin, how do you know so much? Have any hot stock and other investment tips?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Completely unintentional...apologies offered. Always been a Shocker fan, just not able to keep up to date as I once was. Hopefully it'll turn around. But, if anything, I can relate because I feel the same way about our basketball team.
                  If we lose a coach this year, it will be Stephenson. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. After years of owning college baseball, we've spent the last ten under-achieving and in relative obscurity.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Hate to hear that...always been a Shocker fan. When I was younger, we'd always visit relatives in tiny Madison, Kansas, and I picked up a Shocker hat. Been a fan since. Hopefully it'll come together, but it seems as if a lot of teams are dealing anemic bats right now.
                    Its amazing you could find anything WSU in Madison. I would expect ksu or ku but not WSU. Madison, in the heart of the Flinthills which I think is some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Its amazing you could find anything WSU in Madison. I would expect ksu or ku but not WSU. Madison, in the heart of the Flinthills which I think is some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.
                      Actually found it in a truck stop in Topeka. Did see plenty of other things, but at the time, I just thought the mascot was cool. I loved going to Madison. As you said, the scenery looks like a painting. Saw my first and only tornado on one of those trips.

Comment

Actually found it in a truck stop in Topeka. Did see plenty of other things, but at the time, I just thought the mascot was cool. I loved going to Madison. As you said, the scenery looks like a painting. Saw my first and only tornado on one of those trips.
                        You're one up on me. I've been here my entire life and have yet to see one.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          Yep, CU is practically his dream job. He may be from Suitcase Larry's coaching tree, but he's not going anywhere for a long, long time. If given an opportunity at a blue blood he'd probably take it, but he won't take a lateral move or just a small step up.

Some of USC's options are awfully optimistic. I hear Calipari might be available...
                          I don't think he will even leave for a "blue blood" school. I think he wants to build CU into an elite program like Lute did at Arizona and I think he will do it. I fully expect CU and Arizona to be fighting it out for the PAC in the coming years.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            You're one up on me. I've been here my entire life and have yet to see one.
                            That's odd. I can get Shocker merchandise here in Columbia.

Comment

• I think Sub is referring to a tornado.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                I think Sub is referring to a tornado.
                                Yessir...you are correct...whoops!

Comment

Working...
                                X