No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall to the Knicks! You heard it here first!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      And accurate. I've read your forums as well. More than half of your posters are unaware that WSU received an at large bid rather than a guaranteed bid for a conference champ. How did that one fan put it ... Charity from the NCAA to inferior teams?

As a fan of both major and "midmajor" college basketball, I can assure you that USC this year would have finished 9th in the MVC. The SEC has one great team and four decent teams, and you can't even get to the level behind them.

As for fairweather, your stadium was sitting at nearly half full this year, wasn't it?

And it would take a herculean effort to get USC to be the sixth best team in the SEC. The gap between Kentucky and the rest is massive. Every year.

When Marshall took over at WSU, we were one year removed from the Sweet 16. I believe the last time USC was in the Sweet 16 was 1973, right? Going to USC is a significant step down.

Considering Winthrop is considered a NCAA charity case by some of your fans, they had more NCAA tournament success under Marshall than USC has had in the last 35 years.

You know what's funny? USC's basketball program.
      u sound very angry.. i know about my program. that is why i laugh at someone like u who has to talk so much trash.. if u know so much about my program why r u asking me? if u really wanna go at it. send me a pm

Comment

• Originally posted by USCgamecockboy View Post
        u sound very angry.. i know about my program. that is why i laugh at someone like u who has talk call names.
        But you obviously don't know jack about much else
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          But you obviously don't know jack about much else

LOL thank u .

Comment

• You know, i went to college with a guy whose family are big boosters at SC. They are a great family. It is a good school. But it is not a sports university. They have, along with others, donated a lot of money for hot coaches in basketball, Spurrier in FB, and all the other sports that come along with it. I appreciate your visiting, but as someone who is not concerned with Coach Marshall leaving Wichita for the Columbia, i havent read all these mostly idiotic posts and am wondering exactly what your point in being here is.

Comment

• Just the average run of the mill forum board troll. That's my guess.

Comment

• New rumor... Mike D'Antoni will be the new Head Basketball Coach at...... Assisted by Danny Manning.

Comment

u sound very angry.. i know about my program. that is why i laugh at someone like u who has to talk so much trash.. if u know so much about my program why r u asking me? if u really wanna go at it. send me a pm
                  Angry? That was probably the best thought out retort to somebody from another team on this board. Don't forget that you came here, on our board, as a fan from a school where nearly 100% of the fanbase is saying that your school is going to hire away our coach. Our coach, who has been the best coach to coach at Wichita State in 30 years, and has given our program the needed spark to become a major player. He won an NIT in what arguably should have been an NCAA tournament year, and has now achieved a 5th seed at large bid.

So let me be frank with you, if you have nothing else to add to discussion than what you have already, I don't understand why you're here.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Apparently capitalization and punctuation might be another couple of downsides for HC3GM to consider when thinking about taking the USC job. Or should I say usc? u no wot i mean?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      You know, i went to college with a guy whose family are big boosters at SC. They are a great family. It is a good school. But it is not a sports university. They have, along with others, donated a lot of money for hot coaches in basketball, Spurrier in FB, and all the other sports that come along with it. I appreciate your visiting, but as someone who is not concerned with Coach Marshall leaving Wichita for the Columbia, i havent read all these mostly idiotic posts and am wondering exactly what your point in being here is.
                      lol what? We just finished the football season ranked 9th in the nation in the best football conference, and have won back-to-back titles in baseball. I'm not sure if you made a mistake or are really trying to say we aren't a sports university, but we definitely are.

I apologize for the bad impression you've gotten from our fans on our other boards and from the trolls on here. Like any fan base, we have our good and bad. I'm here to try and have a good discussion on coach Marshall and you all's opinions on the matter.

I also think it's unfair to call our fans "fair weather". Our football program holds the longest losing streak in NCAA history in the 1998-1999 seasons, going 0-21. During that streak, our home football games were sold out nearly each time. The fans here are great and have gone through a lot of heartbreak over the years, winning our first men's title in any sport just 2 years ago in men's baseball. With the baseball team making history, and our football team just finishing the best year ever at SC, our basketball program has become majorly overlooked, moreso than ever before. It's hard to be interested in the sport when every other big men's sports are making history and basketball is continuing to go downhill.

We need a coach who can try and right this ship, and although we've never been a particularly great program in basketball, we'd like a coach who could get us to competing and winning some games again. Many fans feel that the man to do this is your head coach, and as a fan of WSU I'd feel honored by that. We wouldn't want him if we didn't notice how good he's done here for your program.

Hopefully we can call a truce from the trolling and trash talking and have a reasonable discussion about if/where your coach may go. Also, I have you guys in the sweet 16 in my bracket so I will be pulling for y'all. Good luck in the tourney, and thanks in advance for any information you can pass our way.

Comment

• Simply put, SC is a step down. You'd have to offer about 2.5 to get any possible consideration considering he'll be bringing in about 1.5 here. And 2.5 still may not be enough to leave a good program for a major rebuilding job
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Simply put, SC is a step down. You'd have to offer about 2.5 to get any possible consideration considering he'll be bringing in about 1.5 here. And 2.5 still may not be enough to leave a good program for a major rebuilding job
                          I expect HCGM to receive a raise after the season
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised. Not like we're some tiny, poor school like so many uninformed SC fans seem to think
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Simply put, SC is a step down. You'd have to offer about 2.5 to get any possible consideration considering he'll be bringing in about 1.5 here. And 2.5 still may not be enough to leave a good program for a major rebuilding job
                              Understood it would be a step down for him to move now. Our AD has our athletic department being one of the biggest earners in the nation for the past few years, and he said in the press conference he will be willing to pull out the big bucks to get this new coach. So I am not so much concerned with money as whether anyone wants to try and build this program like Coach Spurrier has done in football.

Comment

• There are also plenty of quotes about 3G not being interested in a rebuild.

How many reasons do we need to not be worried about this?
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X