South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gococks2014 View Post
    I'm sure some of those names are on our AD's list, as there is a large pool of names we are working with
    This is one of the funniest post and response I have ever seen I'm sure PAC12 fans would not be amused. The quote above was in response to a list of current PAC12 coaches.

Comment

• Marshall not going to UCLA. That's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
        Coach reads this board almost religiously.
        LOL. That's funny. So does that mean HC3G comes to ShockerNet and absorbs our words of wisdom, liiiiiiiike two or three Sundays per month?
        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Marshall not going to UCLA. That's insane.
          Especially since UCLA is not getting rid of Howland this year.

Comment

• Yeah, and they should, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I've seen talk and speculation based off of actual quotes from school presidents or whoever in may topics here. At least at one time there was talk of having 18 I believe that played football and then wanting to get to 24 with non-football members. They're still trying to figure out how or if the conference is really going to work so who knows if or when that may happen. Football is the focus right now.
              I just don't see it happening. FB drives the money bus, now more than ever.

I'm afraid that the chaos, rancor and discord in the BIg East might cause other conferences to decide that it isn't worth it to have BBall only schools. I also think that if push comes to shove, FB schools will call the shots over BB schools when in the same conference together. The key for long term stability is to get into a conference where the schools don't have the FB distraction. Note that there are now discussions about Charlotte leaving the A10 b/c of football aspirations. I expect that some MVC football schools may get to that point in the near future as well. The only thing keeping it from happening now is that the most successful MVFC schools, (UNI, SIU, etc.) are flat broke.

Comment

• As has already been stated, I don't think increasing his annual income is the driver for 3G. But increasing the annual income of his assistants may be. And that's probably the only other place you could throw more money. With incentives, 3G is making somewhere between $1.25-$1.5 Mil per year. His recruiting budget is $800,000.00 per year. He, his assistants, and his players fly everywhere by private jet. The arena is packed. The fans love him. His bosses love him. Hell man, from what I hear, even his wife, his kids, and his dog love him. He can win a lot of games here and go to the dance every year.

The only problem is he wasn't borned and raised here. That's why I say; WE DECLARE WAR ON SOUTH CAROLINA. That's right. It's war boys.

I say, we invade South Carolina tonight (right after the game of course). We kick the **** out of em in one day. Then we change the name of the state from South Carolina to South Witchita (because witchita is full of witches man). HC3G then understands how completely superior WU Shock is to a stupid red chicken, and logically decides to remain at WSU. And upon winning his twentieth NCAA National Championship at the Mighty WSU, he retires at the age of 92. And as a retirement gift and a show of gratitude for all he has achieved at the Mighty WSU, he is ceded the great state of South Witchita (because witchita is full of witches man), which he and his family shall rule over for all eternity.

The End.
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
                  Coach reads this board almost religiously.
                  My computer must be broken because I can't see the :rolleyes-new: , :drunk: or :tongue-new: that surely follows your words. Guess I need a new computer. :D
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• The only thing I like about South Carolina is Xavier McDaniel, though that is a lot to like.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      so you agree your a festering turd.....do you wear overalls?
                      I do not agree and that awful southern education did teach us the correct usage of your and you’re.
                      You are looking at this situation the wrong way. There is only one good team in the SEC including a few decent teams and the rest are terrible. It would not take much to challenge for the SEC and make a NCAA tourney on a fairly consistent basis at a school like SC. If Darrin Horn can win a share of the East and 20 games his first year a coach like Marshall can do much better.
                      Last edited by taneyhill; March 15, 2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taneyhill View Post
                        I do not agree and that awful southern education did teach us the correct usage of your and you’re.
                        You are looking at this situation the wrong way. There is only one good team in the SEC including a few decent teams and the rest are terrible. It would not take much to challenge for the SEC and make a NCAA tourney on a fairly consistent basis at a school like SC. If Darrin Horn can win a share of the East and 20 games his first year a coach like Marshall can do much better.
                        Last edited by taneyhill; 4 Minutes Ago at 07:23 PM. because taneyhill misspelled a word and didn't want to look like a douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                          Last edited by taneyhill; 4 Minutes Ago at 07:23 PM. because taneyhill misspelled a word and didn't want to look like a douche.
                          You are(you're) joking
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                            LMAO.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              Well, regardless of ranking, you were the fifth best team in arguably the best conference in football. It's interesting to me that the second best team in one of the SEC divisions could be the best team in the country, and the fifth best team in the conference, and the second best team in the SEC's weakest division, could be the 9th best team in the country.

That said, how dare you interrupt that guy's trolling with a well reasoned, intelligent post.

I don't see him ever going to USC. But if he does, he will do so to be close to home, friends, and family. I won't like it, but that's a pretty respectable reason to go somewhere, and I'll wish him and you guys all the best.
                              Head-to-head we beat Georgia at their home, so we were at worst the 4th best team in the conference. Georgia wouldn't have been in front if it wasn't for auburn beating us, as we swept the division. We were the best team in the East. The fact that we finished a good 10+ spots ahead in the final poll and beat them when we played would say we are better despite a bad loss to auburn.

But thank you for the compliments. Hope the best for both of our schools and that you guys make the sweet 16 for my bracket's sake

Comment

• Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
                                This is one of the funniest post and response I have ever seen I'm sure PAC12 fans would not be amused. The quote above was in response to a list of current PAC12 coaches.
                                I didn't realize Herb Sendek was still coaching at ASU.

I do know there are rumors of Johnny Dawkins' name being in the mix so that is why I said I'm sure some of those names are on our list

Comment

Working...
                                X