South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    Holycrp get a load of this delusional fan base. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=184&f=2210&t=8800753&p=1

I don't know if I've ever stumbled upon a less informed group of fans.
    If you think the South Carolina fans are delusional, you need to carefully read some of the off the wall gems that people post right here on this board. We are all homers at some level.
    “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Not too worried. I knew we'd have a great replacement. :)
      I hope it's a better replacement than moshock anointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        South Carolina fans out here generally make NC State alums sound like MIT grads. If it's North of the Mason-Dixon or West of the Mississippi, you can pretty much guarantee they have no clue about the topic at hand.
        Blame it on the lame school system :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Wasn't sure where you were going with this, especially after I saw the 3.a. but anyone that doesn't think Danny Manning would be in the mix for this job IF AND WHEN IT MIGHT COME OPEN is kidding themselves. Danny has made it known that he would LOVE to have this job. He knows the area, understands how great a job it is, and would cherish the opportunity. The great thing is that he wouldn't be the only option.
          Put down the pipe doc....will never happen of course in the mix is a pretty broad statement....
          he will never be our coach

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsnut View Post
            If you think the South Carolina fans are delusional, you need to carefully read some of the off the wall gems that people post right here on this board. We are all homers at some level.
            Many of them just spout stuff that's just not factual and no one else there must know any differently as it seems they don't get corrected.

Comment

• I think this would be a great job for Tad Boyle. What a brilliant idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsnut View Post
                Somewhat true, as every site has their homers that just post from the heart and not using factual stuff. However, ShockerNet is full of very knowledgeable basketball fans. Going around and being a part of multiple fan forums, our fanbase ranks right at the top of them all. For the most part, most Shocker fans in general are very knowledgeable about basketball. One of the best fanbases in the country.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  MW/CUSA has said it is looking to add basketball only schools.
                  When? I have not heard that. Do you have a link?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                    This isn't really a link to your question but could provide some insight as to why Creighton and WSU may be attractive even without football:

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nevada's most trusted source for local news, Las Vegas sports, business news, gaming news, entertainment news and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dTm View Post
                      Put down the pipe doc....will never happen of course in the mix is a pretty broad statement....
                      he will never be our coach
                      If Danny was actually serious about coaching D1 he would inquire about UMKC when it is open.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                        I've seen talk and speculation based off of actual quotes from school presidents or whoever in may topics here. At least at one time there was talk of having 18 I believe that played football and then wanting to get to 24 with non-football members. They're still trying to figure out how or if the conference is really going to work so who knows if or when that may happen. Football is the focus right now.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            This isn't really a link to your question but could provide some insight as to why Creighton and WSU may be attractive even without football:

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/merger-s-...139271903.html
                            Sexton and Rasmussen (cu ad?) need to get together and go to the alliance together and inquire.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Excellent and lively chat with Paul and Bob today on the Eagle site. Bob will be addressing this in tomorrow's edition. Stay tuned.
                              you sir are a funny man

Comment

• If he is serious about coaching, and I think he is, he'd be crazy not to chase the UMKC job. It's a gem. (F*#k)

Comment

Working...
                                X