South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
    3G's kids attend school in Andover and knows how much superior education they are getting than they ever would in SC or NC for that matter. Education means more to 3G than what SC has to offer. Plus yes one of the best WSU class coming next year, means he is staying not even remotely thinking about leaving WSU. He certainly wouldn't mind leaving the MVC though.
    WTH? Where do you get your academic ratings and standards from? Besides, even IF you say is true about the SC public school system. I'd be willing to bet that the additional million that GM would receive is more than enough to get his children into a reputable private school. I've heard some whoppers on here, but the school system slant takes the cake.

Comment

• It's better than the alternative. We could be speculating about when our coach is going to get fired, like we did for the better part of the '90s. No program is immune to it. When you win, your coach is going to be in demand. I am going to enjoy the tournament and worry about this later.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        WTH? Where do you get your academic ratings and standards from? Besides, even IF you say is true about the SC public school system. I'd be willing to bet that the additional million that GM would receive is more than enough to get his children into a reputable private school. I've heard some whoppers on here, but the school system slant takes the cake.
        KC with another Masterpiece! :highly_amused:
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I never said I'm nit worried about aTm. Only about the 0U offer the year before. Your memory has failed you.
          LOL or yours has. Agree to disagree here I suppose.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            According to this guy with an inside source who told him of the firing yesterday, Marshall won't even be a candidate.

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2
            No great surprise there -- Marshall has a better job and situation where he is right now, a better and more secure future, and probably a better chance of getting into and making a splash in the tournament. Everybody gripes about the Valley -- me too -- but as long as Marshall and his staff keep doing what they're doing, the only way the Valley will be one of those dreaded one-bid leagues from here on out is if WSU wins the conference tournament, much as the west Coast Conference is only a potential one-bid league if Gonzaga wins its tournament. (And since WSU never wins the conference tournament, the days of the one-bid Valley are over!)

Comment

• Any chance we could create a temporary forum for all the insecure "is coach leaving" chit that occurs each year our basketball program achieves national success? That way all the miserable people who enjoy wallering in self doubt can do so and the rest of us can just enjoy the facking season...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                ESPN insiders listed Marshall as a potential candidate for the Nebraska job....dont see that happening
                Yeah, surrrrre. That says more about ESPN Insiders than it does about the likelihood of Marshall ended up in Lincoln.

Comment

• KC Shox, private schools not much better there either. Until you live most of your life SC/NC and then move to a better educational system private/public in Kansas you will have no idea. It's way more important him than oh "I don't want to uproot my kids right now" as suggested by earlier posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                    KC Shox, private schools not much better there either. Until you live most of your life SC/NC and then move to a better educational system private/public in Kansas you will have no idea. It's way more important him than oh "I don't want to uproot my kids right now" as suggested by earlier posters.
                    Your location: Andover

Nuff said.
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      Your location: Andover

Nuff said.
                      Careful. Maybe not. At least now we know @lemuel777: is speaking from long time experience, even if it is personal experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        In regards to USC, IMO, their basketball program plays third fiddle to football and their great baseball program.
                        Always a pleasure to find something about which I can agree with my old buddy KC, and he hit the nail on the head about the priorities at USC East. Third fiddle is right -- their best sport is baseball; their biggest is football. Basketball is just something to kill time in between, and for those who don't find football recruiting (the #2 sport in much of the SEC) sufficiently exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          @shockerfan: I'm pretty sure most on here, including myself, were pretty sure Turgeon was gone as soon as that job came open and nobody blamed him. The aTm job was A LOT more attractive than SC.
                          The other key difference between Turgeon and Marshall is their mentors, Larry Brown vs. John Kresse -- Mr. Never Happy Carpetbag vs. Mr. Stability.

Comment

• I think it will take a much bigger carrot than the USC job to get HCGM to leave Wichita.

Comment

• Mid-major?
                              Check my bank account

An award-winning weekly sports magazine for the serious sports fan and the steadfast sports avoider. Produced by WBUR and NPR.

How many hamburgers can a man eat? - Gregg Marshall, Wichita State Head Coach

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                The other key difference between Turgeon and Marshall is their mentors, Larry Brown vs. John Kresse -- Mr. Never Happy Carpetbag vs. Mr. Stability.

Comment

Working...
                                X