No announcement yet.

South Carolina fires Darrin Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the most current sports news, GIFs, photos and rumours from The Big Lead, always racking up the top sports news headlines.

The most important question was asked by spencer096.

Comment

re:

Bad timing for this announcement. Let's ignore this for now and focus on the game at hand.

Comment

MY Coach has MY Team as a 5 Seed in the biggest show on the planet. And MY Coach and MY Team believe they are going to win....and so do many others.

Does anything else really matter?

Comment

We'll, VCU is dealing with the Shaka Smart to Illinois issue right now, we can now join them with GM to USC. It's a wash in terms of players psyche.

Comment

Shaka is more likely to leave for Illinois than 3G is for SC. There's nothing to see here.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Bingo!

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              MY Coach has MY Team as a 5 Seed in the biggest show on the planet. And MY Coach and MY Team believe they are going to win....and so do many others.

Does anything else really matter?
              Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

Move this man to the front of the line!

Enjoy the moment people. They don't happen often to this extent!

That is all.

SR
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

ESPN insiders listed Marshall as a potential candidate for the Nebraska job....dont see that happening

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                  ESPN insiders listed Marshall as a potential candidate for the Nebraska job....dont see that happening
                  :very_drunk:
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    According to this guy with an inside source who told him of the firing yesterday, Marshall won't even be a candidate.

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2
                    I'm liking that guy. I like what he said, and I believe that. If he had inside information that Horn was fired, and that was yesterday before anyone even was thinking about breaking a story on it, and then that guy's source says Marshall isn't a candidate... I'm believing that.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      This is my read on the situation right now. Horn had another year on contract and they're going to have to pay to get rid of him. I really don't see SC firing Horn without having someone lined up for the job, or a couple of coaches that they think they have a solid chance at going after.

Names thrown around at the moment: Marshall, Tubby, Weber, Shaka.
                      Both Marshall and Shaka gave up better offers than SCarolina last year. Not sure why they would backtrack?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Quick!!!! Someone pony up the full page Eagle ad...."Don't Leave us, Coach!!!!!"

Comment

It really doesn't matter if I think SC is a good job or not. What matters is if Greg thinks it is.

Comment

It's not a good job. That much is clear. The real question is whether Marshall thinks he can turn it in to one. And if the answer is yes, does he want to?

That program has fallen from where it was when they hired Horn. Some coaches don't want to take on that type of rebuilding job, particularly when they have plenty of talent coming into their current program which just got a 5-seed in the NCAAs.

Comment

Aside from Fast Eddie's excellent two year run in the late 90s, South Carolina has been stuck in neutral for 40 years in men's hoops. Bill Foster couldn't pull them out of it. Dave Odom couldn't pull them out of it. Fogler pulled them out for a nanosecond, only to watch them crash right back into the abyss on his watch. The job is quicksand and Gregg knows it.

If he truly wants to go back home one day, his better option would be to continue to kick azz and take names here until either Coach K or Roy call it quits in five years or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X