American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    One last tour so the other coaches can give Gregg parting gifts.
    The "Parting Gifts" are what concern me..from the coaches...and the players.

Comment

• Opinions and backsides - everybody has them - here's mine. No basis for this - just an opinion.

1) The move will happen.
      2) It will happen for the 2018-2019 season.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It seems to me that adding Wichita State, Dayton and VCU would be an excellent move for the AAC. Not only does it greatly enhance the basketball profile of that conference but it provides the AAC with some cushion and insurance against the potential future defection of a Cincinnati or Houston to the Big XII perhaps diminishes UConn's desire to move to the Big East sans football.

Looks like very proactive and forward-looking thinking on the part of the AAC. Why would the AAC not want to strike while the iron is hot and get this done and in place ASAP?

Comment

• But does VCU and Dayton actually have any interest in the move? Not anywhere near the upside for them, to the point that it's nearly a competitive/RPI wash.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
            Would rather be in the AAC. Don't want to play half our games while most of the country is asleep.
            I'd rather be AAC as well, but the conversation being made is a good thing as it adds urgency to the folks making decisions. Being in demand greatly improves WSUs position

Comment

• I know the rumors were pretty well stifled, but if uconn were to make the jump to the BE, doesn't that mean the BE is willing to take basketball focused state schools? Wouldn't that put them at 11 and potentially looking for a 12th? I just think we need to get together with uconn as a package deal to the highest bidder!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                But does VCU and Dayton actually have any interest in the move? Not anywhere near the upside for them, to the point that it's nearly a competitive/RPI wash.
                From their board VCU fans like the idea. This might be why we are hearing conflicting reports on just WSU or WSU, Dayton and VCU. Could be The WSU move is more immediate while the Dayton and VCU is being felt out. They could easily add us for 17-18 or 18-19 then add the other two later. There seems to be a new article almost daily this week. This is feeling real.
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• I would be very surprised if this happened for play next season. But hopefully, we will hear something very soon after the season is over.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I really don't know what the interest level of such a move is or would be from VCU and Dayton.

Even if they are not interested I don't think that changes the dynamic much for Wichita State.

Dayton and VCU are clearly the best to programs in the A-10. If they were to move to the AAC along with Wichita State the gap between the AAC and the A-10 would widen considerably.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      But does VCU and Dayton actually have any interest in the move? Not anywhere near the upside for them, to the point that it's nearly a competitive/RPI wash.
                      Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I really don't know what the interest level of such a move is or would be from VCU and Dayton.

Even if they are not interested I don't think that changes the dynamic much for Wichita State.

Dayton and VCU are clearly the best to programs in the A-10. If they were to move to the AAC along with Wichita State the gap between the AAC and the A-10 would widen considerably.
                      The fair way to compare leagues is to take VCU and Dayton out of the picture when comparing the Atl-10 to the current AAC. Next, add WSU to the AAC and compare the Atl-10 without VCU and Dayton. In either scenario, I would think there would be a pretty big gap in favor of the AAC.

Comment

• I'm over the MWC. No thanks.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          The fair way to compare leagues is to take VCU and Dayton out of the picture when comparing the Atl-10 to the current AAC. Next, add WSU to the AAC and compare the Atl-10 without VCU and Dayton. In either scenario, I would think there would be a pretty big gap in favor of the AAC.
                          Adding WSU, VCU, and Dayton is an attempt to break away from the 7-10 conferences (AAC, A-10, MWC) and group with the 4-7 (SEC, P10, Big East, AAC).
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Adding WSU, VCU, and Dayton is an attempt to break away from the 7-10 conferences (AAC, A-10, MWC) and group with the 4-7 (SEC, P10, Big East, AAC).
                            And it will work like a charm. Probably even elevate the conference beyond just number 6 or 7 on a regular basis

Comment

• Yep this raid would come pretty close to cementing a P-5 + Big East + AAC hoops hierarchy with a wicked drop to the next tier.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                And it will work like a charm. Probably even elevate the conference beyond just number 6 or 7 on a regular basis
                                Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Yep this raid would come pretty close to cementing a P-5 + Big East + AAC hoops hierarchy with a wicked drop to the next tier.
                                The AAC is currently #7 and, I think it's safe to say, they had a big off year in quality depth. That is why one sees the AAC currently more comparable with the conferences below them than the Conferences ahead. The Big East is currently 3rd. I think with a "normal" year with current ACC schools, the addition of WSU, VCU, and Dayton, they could very well challenge anywhere from 6th to 3rd regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X