American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
    I think, thank goodness, that football is no longer going to be necessary to change conferences.
    It may not be necessary but it's not out of the picture yet.

Comment

• If the Shox do move to the AAC, the MVC can move their conference tournament out of St. Louis and into a nice high school gym somewhere in central Illinois.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        If the Shox do move to the AAC, the MVC can move their conference tournament out of St. Louis and into a nice high school gym somewhere in central Illinois.
        Might be over kill. A YMCA could probably handle the attendance.

Comment

• This Forevershockerfan would like a fresh start and a new challenge for our Shocks. Do it!!! Make it happen. The sooner, the better.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• We want Marshall!!! We want AAC!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Might be over kill. A YMCA could probably handle the attendance.
              The new home of Arch Madness. There's a McDonald's that still has the arches just around the corner, so they can keep the name.

Comment

The new home of Arch Madness. There's a McDonald's that still has the arches just around the corner, so they can keep the name.

Hey Aargh, do you know where this picture was taken?
                "Maybe one day we can be the No. 1 team in the country, the No. 1 seed and all that. I'm just excited for this year to be in the Sweet 16, have a chance to go to the Elite 8 next week."

-Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by S_WU_SH View Post
                  Hey Aargh, do you know where this picture was taken?
                  I have no idea, but as I recall, it's very similar to the original East High gym.

Comment

• Looks like the home of Shocker basketball pre-Levitt Arena (currently Henrion Hall if I'm not mistaken).
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I have no idea, but as I recall, it's very similar to the original East High gym.
                      I was sure that was the gym I went to Xavier McDaniel basketball camps as a kid.

The 3 on 3 tournament games we played at the X-Camp might have been a bit more entertaining than Game 1 last night!
                      "Maybe one day we can be the No. 1 team in the country, the No. 1 seed and all that. I'm just excited for this year to be in the Sweet 16, have a chance to go to the Elite 8 next week."

-Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        Looks like the home of Shocker basketball pre-Levitt Arena (currently Henrion Hall if I'm not mistaken).
                        I played a lot of pickup games and intramurals at Henrion. It wasn't that nice.

Comment

• I'm thinking in a large act of foresight and solidarity with the AAC, I should go open an account on their message board and begin posting as if I belong there. You have the be the change you want to see in the world, you know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            I'm thinking in a large act of foresight and solidarity with the AAC, I should go open an account on their message board and begin posting as if I belong there. You have the be the change you want to see in the world, you know...
                            Dress for the job you want, not the job you have, eh?

I like it.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Dress for the job you want, not the job you have, eh?

I like it.
                              Or as I like to say, "Fake it till you make it!"
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Watch that purgatory they call a gym. No drive, 12 foot in.

Comment

Working...
                                X