X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    All of the above.
    Gimme a week....
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I can't wait to see who the MVC adds if we do leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        Offer each of their teams 5 points per game at Koch our first season.
        Wow. That would still be such an easier path to victory than getting Elgin officiating every game.

How many AAC games does Janssen officiate per year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Wow. That would still be such an easier path to victory than getting Elgin officiating every game.

How many AAC games does Janssen officiate per year?
          None. He's from Orange City, Ia. He refs Big 12, MVC and B1G games only. I think he sells insurance, or maybe he's an investment advisor, but unlike many basketball officials, he does limit his travel and game schedule load.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            I can't wait to see who the MVC adds if we do leave.
            My money would be on Northern Illinois. Just think about how well they could control the Chicago TV market!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              None. He's from Orange City, Ia. He refs Big 12, MVC and B1G games only. I think he sells insurance, or maybe he's an investment advisor, but unlike many basketball officials, he does limit his travel and game schedule load.
              I have never wanted in the AAC more.

They may have loads of incompetent refs. But I would rather get screwed by incompetence than favoritism.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                My money would be on Northern Illinois. Just think about how well they could control the Chicago TV market!
                I know you're just kidding, but NIU has FBS football.

Comment

• Nebraska-Omaha, UMKC, the Dakotas, SEMO.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I can't wait to see who the MVC adds if we do leave.
                    I would expect them to try to raid either the Summit or Horizon.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      I know you're just kidding, but NIU has FBS football.
                      I like the fact that someone threw out NIU as a jokingly terrible team to add, only to have it pointed out that NIU is literally too good for the MVC.

Comment

• I see two options. One is they will continue to commit suicide and add UMKC or SEMO. This will provide me with great comedy. 99% chance this is what they will go with because let's be honest.

The other one will make me mad. The other one I can see is they will finally do the thing they should have done when CU left. They will realize big changes are necessary to preserve any hope of relevance. They will do something like merge with the MVFC schools that are not currently here and eject a couple schools or they will bring in a couple great adds like Valpo, etc.

Comment

• I lost track over the holidays. Is this still a thing that could actually be a thing? Or did one guy say something stupid to a reporter and we're all excited over nothing?

Comment

I see two options. One is they will continue to commit suicide and add UMKC or SEMO. This will provide me with great comedy. 99% chance this is what they will go with because let's be honest.

The other one will make me mad. The other one I can see is they will finally do the thing they should have done when CU left. They will realize big changes are necessary to preserve any hope of relevance. They will do something like merge with the MVFC schools that are not currently here and eject a couple schools or they will bring in a couple great adds like Valpo, etc.
                            If there was such a thing as visionary leadership in the non-P5 realm, someone would put together a league with the top few schools from the MVC, Summit, Horizon, etc to form a new league. It would essentially be the central US's equivalent to the A10, and would likely be a top 10 conference even in worst case scenario.

Leadership like that doesn't exist though, unless Bardo turns out to be a magician.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              If there was such a thing as visionary leadership in the non-P5 realm, someone would put together a league with the top few schools from the MVC, Summit, Horizon, etc to form a new league. It would essentially be the central US's equivalent to the A10, and would likely be a top 10 conference even in worst case scenario.

Leadership like that doesn't exist though, unless Bardo turns out to be a magician.
                              The problem is that a lot of those schools are cyclical with their success. Ten years ago, Oral Roberts would have been a great addition to a strong midwest conference. This year, ORU is sitting with a 2-13 record. Northern Iowa, after their two magical years, is back to the rut of needing to build up success again.

C'mon, AAC! Make this happen and deliver us from this cesspool!
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                I lost track over the holidays. Is this still a thing that could actually be a thing? Or did one guy say something stupid to a reporter and we're all excited over nothing?
                                I doubt there were any administrative meetings over the holidays. Though it wasn't ONE guy. The report was that 4 different sources involved said the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X