American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    lol. That's Fever level of intellectual dishonesty right there.

I mean, seriously, you are the guy who was still predicting a Hillary win at 9:00 pm election night after states had already started getting called and Trump had already become the favorite.
    Actually, I was just being sucked up into the drug that is the supposed infallibility of the analytical pollsters. We must believe them, they are right, this is science. And then, when it doesn't go their way, double down by saying that they were right due to a margin of error the size of Pacific Ocean. And if you look at what I wrote that night, it was more disbelief that the polls could be that wrong, and thinking that they might correct, than me predicting anything. But whatever.

And if mathmatical analytics are such a great measure of actual human performance, why does Palm disagree with Nolan, who disagrees with Sagarin, who disagrees with Massey, none of which line up with the RPI?
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      And if mathmatical analytics are such a great measure of actual human performance, why does Palm disagree with Nolan, who disagrees with Sagarin, who disagrees with Massey, none of which line up with the RPI?
      Palm/Nolan/Sagarin/Massey/RPI shared an overwhelming consensus that 2015 Creighton was significantly better than 2015 Missouri State. Their only disagreement was whether the difference was "merely" 100 spots, or as much as 200 spots.

Quit playing dumb.

Comment

• I'll take eyesight over computer screenshots every day of the week.

Stop being dumb and dishonest.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Palm/Nolan/Sagarin/Massey/RPI shared an overwhelming consensus that 2015 Creighton was significantly better than 2015 Missouri State. Their only disagreement was whether the difference was "merely" 100 spots, or as much as 200 spots.

Quit playing dumb.
          What am I playing dumb about? There are 351 D-1 teams, each team plays about 20 or so opponents. You get a dozen or so tools that have nothing better to do than determine what statistics are most important in determining 1-351, best to worst. The whole thing is flawed and the difference between 101 and 260 really has as much to do with luck, scheduling and untimely injuries than anything a computer can figure. Sure, there is merit in using these analytics, but computers cannot factor the human element, heart, determination, confidence. Your eyeballs can see that.

Not playing dumb, if analytics are the end all, be all, why do each vary so much team to team? Yeah, they're prejudiced and flawed.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

the difference between 101 and 260 really has as much to do with luck, scheduling and untimely injuries than anything a computer can figure.
            The difference between 90 and 110 is small and debatable. 101 and 260? Not so much.

5 completely different formulas all reached the same conclusion with high certainty. My own eyes watched MSU get pounded by a combined 66 pts in 2 meetings with WSU. They were terrible. Creighton played close to a dozen games vs WSU (or better) level of competition, and their worst 2 losses of the year still didn't add up to 66 pts. I also watched CU beat an eventual NCAA 3 seed and play an eventual 1 seed down to the wire. Yet somehow, your eyes trump all of that. If you are being honest, then I apologize for questioning your honesty, and instead simply question your judgment.

Comment

• This eye test thing is getting old. Everyone can have a different "eye", so let's per form a little test to see who might have the better eye:

(a)

-or-

(b)

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If a b12/chicken fan watches primarily bigmonday, beyond other basketball games out there, then of course the eye test is going to be an opaque, at best, indicator of a teams' worth.

I've spoken to many chicken fans over the years who loudly proclaim they wouldn't watch the MVC for all the money in the world, and of course are then baffled as to why they (b12) have lost some pretty crucial games to the Valley over the last several years.

That's the easiest way to cheapen the Shockers unprecedented success in the Valley over the last 3-4 years. Just knock the conference they play in. Go ahead and bad-mouth the achievements of GGG.

I dare anyone to call the Coaches show on any Monday and ask him how he feels knowing his record is tainted because he's loaded up on cupcakes over the last 5 years, and because of that, doggone it, we just don't know how good that makes your team.

Comment

• And once again a thread goes to the crapper.

Comment

• I'm just really glad there is a chance I could still use my "blow the roof off" gif that I've been saving for the last two years. If I can't use it for a recruit, I think I can re-purpose it and use it if we get invited to the AAC.

Comment

• Opened my presents yesterday; No AAC invitation to be found... ;)
                      The Assman

Comment

• Fun topic here.

AACbbs: The #1 Board for American Athletic Conference sports on the internet.

AAC members discussing setting up "Divisions" based on quality of basketball. We would be in the "A" League and have round robin with the upper half of the league, and the 2nd half of the league would get 1 game with the top half ... at the top half's home court. That would be a dream arrangement right there. Lots of positive talk about WSU in the thread too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Fun topic here.

AACbbs: The #1 Board for American Athletic Conference sports on the internet.

AAC members discussing setting up "Divisions" based on quality of basketball. We would be in the "A" League and have round robin with the upper half of the league, and the 2nd half of the league would get 1 game with the top half ... at the top half's home court. That would be a dream arrangement right there. Lots of positive talk about WSU in the thread too.
                          While I'm for Wichita State moving to the AAC, that may be the silliest, most shortsighted ideas, ever. Stacking a North vs. South, or however you want to do it, then making the weaker division only get road games ahainst the perceived stronger division is a recipie for disaster. I didn't follow the Big East before the split, but if this is how the football members made decisions, it's no wonder the wheels fell off.

Comment

While I'm for Wichita State moving to the AAC, that may be the silliest, most shortsighted ideas, ever. Stacking a North vs. South, or however you want to do it, then making the weaker division only get road games ahainst the perceived stronger division is a recipie for disaster. I didn't follow the Big East before the split, but if this is how the football members made decisions, it's no wonder the wheels fell off.
                            Pretty sure the ramblings on a message board have zero impact on actual decision making. That said.. As long as you are in the to half, it's a great deal

Comment

• Yeah, ridiculous idea. The A group would essentially get 2/3 of their games at home? Pretty dumb.
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Pretty sure the ramblings on a message board have zero impact on actual decision making. That said.. As long as you are in the to half, it's a great deal
                                Until members of the bottom half revolt. Or the league decides to admit Wichita State but put them in the bottom half for equity.

Comment

Working...
                                X