American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    I don't see why we can't just have an intramural team and beat Missouri State every year. Just put together a team with some frat guys and the baseball team players in their off season and then schedule Mo State, KU and a handful of other teams and there you go.
    Hahaha. It would be a pretty steep climb for WSU at the FBS level. Not enough regional talent. If everything worked out well, I think your upside would be something like Tulsa Golden Hurricane football. They've had some good years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
      Hahaha. It would be a pretty steep climb for WSU at the FBS level. Not enough regional talent. If everything worked out well, I think your upside would be something like Tulsa Golden Hurricane football. They've had some good years.
      Or Kstate. They run a team on JuCo's and bargain-binners.

Comment

• When talking about college recruiting here in Atlanta I mentioned Kennesaw State (the local KSU). I don't know their academic reputation, my kids opted for the budget busting private route. But from a growth perspective they are what WSU would like to be. Reminded me of WSU, black and gold, land locked commuter school when we arrived. It has more than doubled sense we moved here 30 years ago. Bought a lot of land around the campus built a bunch dorms, and is no longer primarily a commuter school. They hired Vince Dooley to help start football, and they just srarted their 2nd season. Watched a little of it on tv Saturday,not sure why anyone would go to the game unless they had a relative playing. It was pretty dismal.

Comment

If football is the only way (and it certainly looks like it) to get an invite out of the MVC, then I am certainly in favor of bringing FB back. But, I do not live in Wichita and have no skin in the game. Totally agree with the Tulsa analysis, keeping in mind that it is very likely to take us 10 years or longer to even come close to reaching Tulsa's status with years of very poor and embarrassing football along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Dr. Bardo wants to bring back marching bands and football (and all the other additional women sports) - that in itself would grow the student population. Only thing holding him back is money.

The "dead horse" I was speaking of was Lutz - he didn't have anything else to write about so I guess, so he just figured he write his token football story that had no new information or new insight - cause that might have required him to beat the bushes and work to get any new information. I'm suprised nobody has talked to some of the "money" people in wichita and got their insight into bringing football back.

I concur. No substance. No further info. Hastily written?

Comment

Huh. Last time I checked, Kansas has 13 players on active rosters, with 6 or 7 coming from Wichita. Missouri has 350+ on active rosters with 2 from Springfield. But here you are running your mouth about where WSU aspires to be IF they get football, while your team aspires (really it's an obsession to the point of a fan base making up ludicrous stories of helicopters and envelopes- can the sunbelt even afford a 5 min ride in a helicopter?) to be in the freaking Sun Belt, which, by the way, is a greater stretch than WSU playing at the FBS level. The Sun Belt doesn't even want you. Football would actually enhance our school. Football holds yours back.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                Huh. Last time I checked, Kansas has 13 players on active rosters, with 6 or 7 coming from Wichita. Missouri has 350+ on active rosters with 2 from Springfield. But here you are running your mouth about where WSU aspires to be IF they get football, while your team aspires (really it's an obsession to the point of a fan base making up ludicrous stories of helicopters and envelopes- can the sunbelt even afford a 5 min ride in a helicopter?) to be in the freaking Sun Belt, which, by the way, is a greater stretch than WSU playing at the FBS level. The Sun Belt doesn't even want you. Football would actually enhance our school. Football holds yours back.

When you're a jackass (like he is) coming from a whole school of jackasses, it's all you have.

By the way, great comments! Hope all is going well for you up in Alaska. Is it getting very cold up there yet?

Comment

I suppose I am not doing a good job of articulating my point. I simply meant that the state of Kansas has a smaller population and if WSU moves up you have 3 FBS teams, 2 of which are in a P5. I am sure you could recruit Oklahoma, Texas, and Missouri pretty well but Kansas produces so few players (although certainly Wichita produces more than Springfield).

Comment

• I would contend that Kansas has 0.5 FBS football teams. And the 0.5 part is like 85 years old.

Comment

I suppose I am not doing a good job of articulating my point. I simply meant that the state of Kansas has a smaller population and if WSU moves up you have 3 FBS teams, 2 of which are in a P5. I am sure you could recruit Oklahoma, Texas, and Missouri pretty well but Kansas produces so few players (although certainly Wichita produces more than Springfield).
                      Doubling down on the BS again? Or do you just have a terminal case of hoof in mouth?

If we are to believe this, then we should conclude the Kansas City area has never produced any good players. Darren Sproles is an outlier.

Oh yeah, I also forgot the Paseo HS wideout (during the Don Fambrough era) who was a Parade AA. He was all ready to sign with Mizzou until the KU assistant coach came in with a briefcase full of cash (I believe it was reported to be $10K) just before his news conference announcing where he would attend school.

The wideout signed with KU, Mizzou turned them into the NCAA, and even though KU received some sanctions, the penalties were reduced because they already fired Fambrough. They told the NCAA it was due to unethical behavior, but I'm guessing the 1-10 season he had that year was the real reason.

If we had a football program, we would probably get some kids from the KC area. And even if they are D-1 P-5 leftovers, they would still be miles better than the losers that Mizzery State recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I would contend that Kansas has 0.5 FBS football teams. And the 0.5 part is like 85 years old.
                        You must have the luxury of not interacting with chickenhawk fans regularly. All I've heard is that KU football is undefeated!

I assume your math is as follows: 0.75 for the elderly coach that wears purple and -0.25 coming from the school that's paid millions to coaches it deemed not good enough to coach there...

I'm willing to give credit where credit is due. KU beating an FCS team in week 1 did come as a surprise, so I'll knock their score up to a -0.20, thereby making the Kansas total a whopping 0.55

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          You must have the luxury of not interacting with chickenhawk fans regularly.
                          It's not a luxury. It's a well-honed skill.

Comment

I didn't realize you weren't allowed to recruit outside your state. Let's face it .. No matter where you are at .. you need to be able to recruit the south in football.

Comment

"6 or 7 out of 13 from Wichita"? That explains why KU is such a powerhouse in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
                                "6 or 7 out of 13 from Wichita"? That explains why KU is such a powerhouse in football.
                                Good one.

Do WSU fans constantly post and live on MSU message boards like MSU fans do on WSU message boards?

I guess we know who's boss.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X