American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    If a high school can do this.... http://www.si.com/college-football/2...llion-mckinney

....then we can do ______
    Nice theory, And, but the high schools in the Dallas suburbs (like McKinney, or Allen, or Plano) -- or in a number of other places in Texas -- are the beneficiaries of about 10x more interest in football than Wichita has ever had for high school and local college(s) combined. That's why they can do things like that. And if you think about it, you'll notice that even there it doesn't translate to the, shall we say, mid-major FBS level like at North Texas or Texas State.

How does this relate to Shocker basketball again?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      If a high school can do this.... http://www.si.com/college-football/2...llion-mckinney

....then we can do ______
      If I'm not mistaken, the $60mil stadium Allen, TX built got shut down due to structural issues.

Comment

• Just checked over on MVCFans, haven't heen there in months. WSU to the MWC has been discussed with some MSU fans asking why Wichita State fans aren't being ridiculed. Here was my reply:

Bottom line: Missouri State got ridiculed because it was over the top and ridiculous. Polo shirts, secret meetings, black helicopters, manila envelopes, on and on. By the way, I think those manila envelopes were hermedically sealed and kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch. No one knows the contents of those envelopes.

On the contrary, while Creighton fans were excited about the possibility, no Creighton fans claimed it was a done deal until... it was a done deal. Likewise, no Wichita State fans are claiming MWC, AAC or Big East, they are simply opining the possibilities. UNI fans, along with Redbird fans have thought about a possible move to the MAC, nobody berates them for dreaming or wishing.

Only Missouri State fans, Casey in particular, have come to a conference board and floated cloak and dagger stories about top secret, clandestine meetings, that have Missouri State signed, sealed and delivered to C-USA and then the Sun Belt. I still chuckle.

MoValley JohnMVC Hall Of Famer
        *1407*August 11th, 2010, 5:46 pm
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• So dumb that'll probably happen. Much like obama getting re-elected. Oh wait...that already did happen.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• When will you guys believe me, Shatel is a blubbering idiot.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Shatel is to Omaha what Lutz is to Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Shatel is to Omaha what Lutz is to Wichita.
                He likes the press room snacks?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  So dumb that'll probably happen. Much like obama getting re-elected. Oh wait...that already did happen.
                  Why is this dumb (separating football from other sports on a conference level)? Take football out of the equation, and there is no reason that Wichita State couldn't be included in the same conference as Kansas and/or K-State. We talk so much about keeping expenses reasonable for the non-revenue sports. This would be the solution to that. Let football have their deal, but keep the rest of the sports more regional. I am not seeing the issue here.
                  78-65

Comment

• Conferences, so they say, align themselves with institutions that share like goals. Those goals, so they say, transcend athletics. Again, I know that may need to be taken with a grain of salt, but they will tell you that conference affiliation has a lot to do with academic goals as well. So dissecting conferences purely on the basis of what is best for football is ignorant, if you are serious. If you are just dreaming, then fine, but I think it deserves to be mocked if you out it out there for serious discussion.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Did he puke on his keyboard and hit print?

Comment

• A real quote from a Loyola fan:

What I don't seem to know is the history of schools leaving the Valley and why?
                        Even now, what is the draw for any member schools to leave for another conference.
                        As to incoming new member schools, it would be disappointing to me if we diluted the
                        level of basketball by adding a new school just because of the geographic convenience. ...I guess I am hoping to hear that the conference is committed to getting more competitive, not diluted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          A real quote from a Loyola fan:
                          lolololololololololololol

(catches breath)

lolololololololololololol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            A real quote from a Loyola fan:
                            I just reached my quota of comedy for the year.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I just want to say this, Missouri State fans are still mega-douchey.

Comment

Working...
                              X