Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    UNI alone
    I'll just leave this here, this part is true when it comes to the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
      MWC is not a lateral move in relation to the MVC. It's not as good as AAC but it's above the MVC.

Let's just do what I would consider top 3 programs from each league over last 10 years, not including WSU.

San Diego State, New Mexico, UNLV.

UNI, then whatever two teams you want to include cause I can't think of another with more than a year of success so doesn't really matter. Now throw in a few descent years of Colorado St, Boise, and Utah St a few years back and it's actually no contest at all.
      Compare this to the Valley:
      Average Home Attendance

New Mexico 14,571
      SD State 12,414
      UNLV 11,757

Add WSU's 10,500 and you have 4 strong basketball schools who invest in their programs.

Comment

mwc vs mvc. just like the yearly get together that has started up again, because the conferences are so similar. once again, you underrate the mvc. shockers in the aac would get me excited- in the mwc, not so much.
        I never made any comment about how the MWC compares to the MVC, so I don't know how I could be underrating or overrating anything. My only comment was that when comparing the two conferences as potential conferences for WSU, including WSU's accomplishments makes no sense.

If the context for the discussion was just MWC vs. MVC, you would include WSU on the MVC side, but in a discussion on conference realignment, the question is whether the MWC + WSU is better than the MVC + WSU.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

yes, it is a lateral move. uni alone has had far more success recently than every team you mentioned, except for maybe sdsu. did you watch any of the ncaa tournament? and of course you must include wichita state.

there's three ncaa tournament wins between wichita state and uni in 2016. how many ncaa tournament wins did the mwc bag this last year? weren't they a one bid league anyway?
          Sorry but the MVC is no where near the MWC despite a down year for the MWC... Over the past decade the MWC has averaged 2.8 bids to the tournament, the Valley a mere 1.5(Hell the MWC has 14 round of 32 appearances in the past decade nearly matching our TOTAL appearances). 3 S16 for MWC 4 for the MVC but of course we represent 2 of those.

Comment

• Don't know what $20m dollar refurb gets you at Cessna Stadium, but I sure hope if WSU brings back football, they build a new stadium without a track.
            Need to create an environment where people want to go, especially when the first few years will not be too victorious.

Comment

that's where the "relatively speaking" part comes in. i'm well aware of all of those teams basketball history. oregon and oregon state beat ucla in one weekend in 1974 yada, yada

mwc is a basketball dud, buddy. damn near a lateral move from the mvc.
              Perhaps it is a dud and a lateral move from MVC, but to say basketball isn't popular in the west, due to weather that isn't Midwest cold, is just wrong. I didn't mention history, because that wasn't what was referenced. Those programs DO have high popularity.

Comment

• The problem with the track at Cessna Stadium isn't the existence of the track, it's the shape. We need to move away from the overly played oval and throw in a figure eight with some banks, and if there is any money left maybe even a loop-de-loop!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  We need to move away from the overly played oval and throw in a figure eight with some banks, and if there is any money left maybe even a loop-de-loop!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Looks pretty sexy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                      Looks pretty sexy.
                      Yes that does

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        Question...How much does attendance go up at other potential conference foes when the Shockers roll into town???
                        I tracked this during the undefeated season and it was roughly a 50% spike when the opponent's bench was dressed in black and yellow.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I tracked this during the undefeated season and it was roughly a 50% spike when the opponent's bench was dressed in black and yellow.
                          Mmmm-hmmm. Beautiful.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If a high school can do this.... http://www.si.com/college-football/2...llion-mckinney

....then we can do ______

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              If a high school can do this.... http://www.si.com/college-football/2...llion-mckinney

....then we can do ______
                              can you say "pressure to win"?????:)

Comment

Working...
                              X