No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if KU would schedule us for a home and home...
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      I would like to go on record by saying I like the helmet.
      It is pretty badass.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I wonder if KU would schedule us for a home and home...
        Nothing like a guaranteed win the first 2 years of having football back!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          I wonder if KU would schedule us for a home and home...
          KU has a football team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            https://twitter.com/President_Bardo/...48515689025536

Marching Band Uniforms now .... It's not early april fools day is it? Did he get hacked?
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Did the Koch's donate 200 million dollars? If not, then shame on you Mr. Bardo. Besides, the helmet stinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                No trouble finding her!
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                  Did the Koch's donate 200 million dollars? If not, then shame on you Mr. Bardo. Besides, the helmet stinks.

Triple that money then you're talking. WSU football likely a ~500million dollar venture.

And matte black is awesome.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    No trouble finding her!
                    One thing is for certain . . . No one is asking "Where's Bardo!"

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Triple that money then you're talking. WSU football likely a ~500million dollar venture.

And matte black is awesome.
                      What?

Please break that number down please.

If football at WSU includes a new stadium as has been suggested, then startup costs could range from $75M-$100M, and year-to-year program expenses would run $10M-$15M. That first set of numbers is what other similar schools have spent on new-build 25K-30K seat facilities, plus funding for ancillary start-up costs. The second number is the range that the majority of the AAC and MWC spends annually on football, via data they are compelled to report to the DOE via Title IX.

Comment

• A program to watch that just brought back football is East Tennessee State.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• How many other programs would need to be created to make up for the additional male scholarships? Not to mention facilities associated with said programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            How many other programs would need to be created to make up for the additional male scholarships? Not to mention facilities associated with said programs.
                            From an office and academic space standpoint, they've already floated plans for a new building that fits between Shocker Hall and Koch arena. Same plans had provisions for skyboxes in Koch.

Comment

• Dr. Bardo is a very smart man. There is a calculated reason behind his tweet. As has been said earlier in this thread, this man moves fast. Hold on for the ride!

I will never have a chance for basketball season tickets, but I am hoping to have them for Shocker Football!
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                                From an office and academic space standpoint, they've already floated plans for a new building that fits between Shocker Hall and Koch arena. Same plans had provisions for skyboxes in Koch.
                                I thought they had more than just floated plans for a new facility. I also thought that such a facility was to take care of existing needs and the needs of existing programs and student athletes. But I could be mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X