No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoomed in on the table in Bardo's tweet today. Wish I could tell what this is. Looks like a possible stadium model???
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      Zoomed in on the table in Bardo's tweet today. Wish I could tell what this is. Looks like a possible stadium model???
      That's exactly what that is. You can see Eck to the right.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here's a better look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          Any Shocker athletic facility needs to be on campus. I assume Stryker Field is in east Wichita? Not good enough.
          Everything should be on campus.
          WSU has a lot of campuses.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Any Shocker athletic facility needs to be on campus. I assume Stryker Field is in east Wichita? Not good enough.
            Everything should be on campus.
            That sounds nice, but unless we want to dig up people and place them elsewhere*, it ain't happening. Not enough space with the Innovation Campus.

*An idea I am not opposed to.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Zoomed in on the table in Bardo's tweet today. Wish I could tell what this is. Looks like a possible stadium model???
              Perhaps that is the message...

Comment

• The natural place for a soccer facility is to develop the Metroplex. But a more intriguing idea is to buy the Stryker Complex and start developing that large space as a campus. Renting the Stryker Complex would also be a good short term solution while another facility is being developed.

Comment

Here's a better look at it.

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Perhaps that is the message...
                  Someone help me here; I can't see a football stadium anywhere with my Mr. Magoo glasses. Where is Eck Stadium? Is the new football stadium directly East of Eck? It's all a blur to me.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• There's PLENTY of space at the Innovation Campus for a multitude of stuff - private or public or University. Bardo mentioned it would take 10-30 years to fully build out. The usage of the land will be market driven, so unless there's some sudden large demand for the suggested ideas, it will be used as needed, and that could surely mean athletic facilities.

For perspective, the Innovation Campus is on the lighter side of 160 acres (whatever Eck, Woodman, and the WSU Foundation's building take up would be the deductions, roughly). The entirety of Newmarket Square out west is a little over 80 acres, and it's taken 15-20 years to get to the point it is today, and even now there's still some available land. Bradley Square out east is also a little over 80 acres, and its first addition went up in like 1991.

IC is a HUGE piece of land to develop.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Oh crap! We ARE going to drop baseball!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          That sounds nice, but unless we want to dig up people and place them elsewhere*, it ain't happening. Not enough space with the Innovation Campus.

*An idea I am not opposed to.
                          Campus doesn't simply need to expand north of Cessna Stadium if expansion beyond Hillside, Oliver, 21st, 17th is even required.
                          Besides, it's a lot easier moving the living than the dead. Still a lot of space on the golf course.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Someone help me here; I can't see a football stadium anywhere with my Mr. Magoo glasses. Where is Eck Stadium? Is the new football stadium directly East of Eck? It's all a blur to me.
                            After taking my football glasses off, I'm not so sure I see it either. Someone needs to break in the office and get a better picture. Anyone out there do that kind of thing for sport? Footballgate.

Comment

• I wish I was rich ( like disposable income in the billions) and I would pay to relocate WSU downtown just west of the river where Lawrence Dumont is. Knock down Gander Mountain and create a medical school there and relocate kellogg about 1/2 mile south for the stretch from the river to I-135 (leaving the rest all the same).

Building a baseball stadium and a football stadium next to the river and a soccer complex/tennis courts just south of that.
                              The school to the west, knocking down some of the houses west of lawrence dumont, relocating the ice rink complex to north of campus for use by students and others in general area.

Dorms and frat/sorority houses mixed in as well with underground parking.

My ultimate guilty pleasure would be to have some sort of subway system dug and run it from goddard on the west edge to andover on the east, with stops in maize/park city, derby, and all parts of wichita. Knock down some of the other buildings just north of kellogg near main/broadway etc and create a vibrant district with shops, stores, grocery for people etc.

Or scrap all that and wipe all of the buildings from the river to the train tracks next to intrust and build the whole campus there and reroute roads around it and make it a true downtown campus... :)

Comment

After taking my football glasses off, I'm not so sure I see it either. Someone needs to break in the office and get a better picture. Anyone out there do that kind of thing for sport? Footballgate.
                                I'm pretty sure that's a mock-up of the Innovation Campus.

Comment

Working...
                                X