American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    I know that joining the AAC has been mentioned as a possibility to bring the league to 12 schools in all sports both here and other places, but does anyone know if the AAC is actually looking to add?
    They are not publicly looking right now.
    Livin the dream

Comment

I know that joining the AAC has been mentioned as a possibility to bring the league to 12 schools in all sports both here and other places, but does anyone know if the AAC is actually looking to add?
      Doesn't matter. We aren't looking, according to the coach.

Comment

The AAC Commissioner has publicly stated that he opposes adding non-football schools to the conference.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Is anybody talking about this besides some offseason message board clowns?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Is anybody talking about this besides some offseason message board clowns?
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I think that's backward. "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right..."
                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                  I think that's backward. "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Ah yes, the classic comment about people being dumb for talking about it. We were due for that.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that has actually been talked about is the idea of UAB being considered for the MVC. Other than that, it's all wishful thinking. Would you prefer if the message board clowns, or should I say "message BORED clowns" stop talking about it?

Comment

• For now, the best way to track any development on UAB is to search for "UAB football." It produces a lot of articles about the current situation. What I've read everywhere basically says that there is a bit of a resistance happening to the decision to drop it. One article I read said something like they have to figure out if it's really over or not by about May 15th when a C-USA meeting happens. They are using a firm to do a lengthy study on viability right now. Another article I saw even said that the former players are putting together the "spring game" anyway. You get the impression that it may not actually be gone after all. Well, if it's not gone, the conversation about the MVC is over. If it is gone, then I doubt they stay in C-USA. It's just something to keep an eye on for now.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25137763/uab-hires-new-sports-consultant-to-study-cutting-football

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/no-more-uab-football-ex-players-hold-spring-game-anyway-040915

This one almost makes you feel like the people are calling it a conspiracy :)

We continue our run-up to the spring game by talking to some of UAB football's most fervent supporters about what they think is really going on in Birmingham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                        I think that's backward. "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right..."
                        Depends on your viewpoint. If you are holding the sign in front you and facing outward it would be correct.

Comment

• Technically, I guess. But I was reading the damn sign not holding it. I just wanted to show how hip I was to the Stealers Wheel reference.

Back on topic, I hope that the admins are paying attention so that when the P5 decides to rewrite the rules WSU doesn't get left out. Very legitimate topic for discussion in my view.
                          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            Ah yes, the classic comment about people being dumb for talking about it. We were due for that.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that has actually been talked about is the idea of UAB being considered for the MVC. Other than that, it's all wishful thinking. Would you prefer if the message board clowns, or should I say "message BORED clowns" stop talking about it?
                            By all means talk away. It is the offseason. Just trying to determine if it was more than conjecture.

I looked at a map and here's my conference idea. Huge geographic footprint=big dollarzzz

UCLA
                            Arizona
                            Washington
                            Colorado School of Mines
                            Nebraska Kearney
                            Wichita State
                            Texas
                            UT Arlington
                            Notre Dame
                            LaSalle(we always play them anyway)
                            Georgia
                            SUNY Buffalo
                            NJIT
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

By all means talk away. It is the offseason. Just trying to determine if it was more than conjecture.

I looked at a map and here's my conference idea. Huge geographic footprint=big dollarzzz

UCLA
                              Arizona
                              Washington
                              Colorado School of Mines
                              Nebraska Kearney
                              Wichita State
                              Texas
                              UT Arlington
                              Notre Dame
                              Georgia
                              SUNY Buffalo
                              NJIT
                              Do you feel better now that you have passed that stone?

Comment

UCLA
                                Arizona
                                Washington
                                Colorado School of Mines
                                Nebraska Kearney
                                Wichita State
                                Texas
                                UT Arlington
                                Notre Dame
                                Georgia
                                SUNY Buffalo
                                NJIT
                                What if we put together a league that consists of every school that's offered HCGM a job? Alabama, NC State, Missouri, UCLA, etc.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X