American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I'm just super into maps right now. I'm gonna waste an awful lot of time looking at conference maps. By the time I'm through with this, I should be well on my way to becoming qualified to be the next MVC commissioner.

Here's one really big reason why St. Louis should be in the MVC. A picture is worth a thousand words.
    Wow, that is nuts, seriously, how many St Louis sports teams take a bus to ANY conference competition? They're flying their olympic sports all over creation, that can't be cheap.

Comment

• But if the MVC adds St Louis, Arch Madness might lose out on the 10s of hundreds of non WSU fans that attend annually.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
        I'll take it a step further: As long as John Bardo and Eric Sexton are here, don't expect any conference move.

I don't get the sense either is interested in leaving the Valley.
        It's good to be the King.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          But if the MVC adds St Louis, Arch Madness might lose out on the 10s of hundreds of non WSU fans that attend annually.
          Nevermind the fact that it would really just serve to replace the missing CU fanbase anyway. It probably still wouldn't fill the place up that much. And if that really were a problem, the MVC could just cap their ticket sales until the walk up crowd. If the rest of the MVC can't fill the place, I'd be more than happy to let St. Louis have a home crowd advantage. I really doubt our 3-5K in the house couldnt hold their own. As usual, it's probably the rest of the MVC that doesn't want it...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            Screw it, let's blow it all up! Create a true Mid-West(ish) basketball ONLY conference.

We start with the flagship, of course:
            - WSU

The five close Big East Schools:
            - Creighton (welcome back)
            - Butler
            - Depaul
            - Xavier
            - Marquette

The close A10 school:
            - SLU

Now, we add the outsiders:
            - UAB
            - Belmount
            - ORU (wost basketball school, but helps even out the map some)

If you go to 12 schools:
            - Detroit
            - Cleveland State

(Schools like Murry State, Dayton, Valpo, etc. were not considered due to having football programs)

Gives a good mix of "media markets" and successful basketball programs.

What would this look like mapped up @DJ06Shocker? ;)
            Butler has a football team in the same conference as Valpo and Dayton, so that seems like an odd criteria to use to eliminate those schools

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
              Butler has a football team in the same conference as Valpo and Dayton, so that seems like an odd criteria to use to eliminate those schools
              Interesting. I thought the Big East excluded all football schools. (Then again, Butler is also they only non-catholic too; unlike all the other BE schools.)

I guess I didn't realized Nova and Georgetown also have football.

Funny how they leave to "get away from football" and wanted all Catholic schools, yet one of their new additions has football and is not Catholic.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Interesting. I thought the Big East excluded all football schools. (Then again, Butler is also they only non-catholic too; unlike all the other BE schools.)

I guess I didn't realized Nova and Georgetown also have football.

Funny how they leave to "get away from football" and wanted all Catholic schools, yet one of their new additions has football and is not Catholic.
                While Butler is not Catholic, it is a private institution. At this time, the BE is opposed to adding public institutions.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                  While Butler is not Catholic, it is a private institution. At this time, the BE is opposed to adding public institutions.
                  I know they are private, but when the BE was breaking off they stated religion was VERY important and wanted all their members to be private and Catholic universities.

They backed down for the $$$. They could have easily stuck to their guns and added SLU instead.
                  The Assman

Comment

• St. Louis certainly fits the Big East profile, and would really be no further afield in that league than they are in the A10. Plus, they're way east-er than Creighton is. So it's hard to picture them wanting to return to the Valley.

Comment

• True or BS??

Take this with a grain of salt but there is a rumor that the Marshall deal with Wichita requires a change of conference. Normally I wouldn't believe it, but this is so important to Wichita that it could make some sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                        Im calling BS just on the fact that this requirement in a contract is potentially not attainable regardless of the admins best efforts to attain. Unless they want to move down. From a lawyer's standpoint, putting it in a contract would not be wise.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If Coach said it isn't happening, there's no way its in Marshalls contract

Comment

• I'd give an arm and a leg to somehow get into the Big East. And yes, I know it's an all Catholic league.

Comment

• Not all catholic.

Comment

True or BS??

Take this with a grain of salt but there is a rumor that the Marshall deal with Wichita requires a change of conference. Normally I wouldn't believe it, but this is so important to Wichita that it could make some sense.
                                http://holylandofhoops.com/forum/vie...c5f0b833ade361
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X