American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Man, Memphis has REALLY downsized their stadium. What a shame.
    man, 15 years ago, the Larry Finch Center was 'top of the line'...today, it's in need of an upgrade.

plans are already in place for a 20 million dollar practice facility (for both men and women's hoops)

one side for the guys and one for the women...

of course, you can't beat FedExForum

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      They literally just glued some fans to the wall to make it look like there are more people watching.
      Hahahaha
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Hahahaha
        fatheads of Derrick Rose, Joey Dorsey, CDR, Tyreke Evans, Elliot Williams, Will Barton, Tarik Black, etc.

but don't worry, I've been told they will make the trip to the new practice facility...so when you boys join the AAC, you can come see them for yourselves ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
          fatheads of Derrick Rose, Joey Dorsey, CDR, Tyreke Evans, Elliot Williams, Will Barton, Tarik Black, etc.

but don't worry, I've been told they will make the trip to the new practice facility...so when you boys join the AAC, you can come see them for yourselves ;-)
          Now we're talkin'!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            Sometimes it's nice to just look at a map. I found one on the Wikipedia page for the MVC, and I tossed in a few other schools in green. UAB is not really much of an outlier at all. WSU remains the one school that makes no sense :)
            That's 15 schools.

Would they add a 16 (maybe Valpo)?
            Or expect a WSU departure?
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              That's 15 schools.

Would they add a 16 (maybe Valpo)?
              Or expect a WSU departure?
              I was just listing other reasonably decent schools that could fall into the nice footprint should they try to add UAB. That would be 11 and I think 12 makes more sense... Or WSU leaving...

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                I was just listing other reasonably decent schools that could fall into the nice footprint should they try to add UAB. That would be 11 and I think 12 makes more sense... Or WSU leaving...
                Take out WSU, MSU and UAB and that would be a good footprint for the MVC. (12 teams)

Milwaukee and STL probably wouldn't come; at least SLU. (10 teams)

So basically: WSU to the AAC (or MWC) and MAU to Sunbelt, Belmont and Murry to the MVC.

Sorry to undue all your work ;)
                The Assman

Comment

• Somewhere in the massive "Marshall's future" topic, @The Coach: mentioned how our AD staff had been talking to Creighton's AD staff, who are questioning their decision to jump to the Big East due to the additional travel for the minor sports. I presume the issue isn't cost, but time on the bus.

I have a feeling that while our AD is always looking and listening, they aren't wild about the idea of joining any conference that spans half the continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Somewhere in the massive "Marshall's future" topic, @The Coach: mentioned how our AD staff had been talking to Creighton's AD staff, who are questioning their decision to jump to the Big East due to the additional travel for the minor sports. I presume the issue isn't cost, but time on the bus.

I have a feeling that while our AD is always looking and listening, they aren't wild about the idea of joining any conference that spans half the continent.
                    Here's a fun thought. What if Creighton can't hack it in the big east after all and have to come crawling back? There could be a 12 team MVC with CU and UAB.

I'm not gonna lie. I'd welcome them back with open arms... And TONS of hazing :)

Comment

• I'm sure any lurking CU fans would laugh at this, but by the time they realize it's been five years since their last NCAA tournament, they may not look much, if any better to the MVC than UN-Omaha.

Comment

• I'll take it a step further: As long as John Bardo and Eric Sexton are here, don't expect any conference move.

I don't get the sense either is interested in leaving the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                          I'll take it a step further: As long as John Bardo and Eric Sexton are here, don't expect any conference move.

Bummer.
                          The Assman

Comment

I'll take it a step further: As long as John Bardo and Eric Sexton are here, don't expect any conference move.

I'd like to go on record saying I'm okay with that. I don't want a new conference. I want THIS conference to be great. Surely, if we hold on long enough, we will get to experience another run of several teams being very strong like back in 2006. That kind of performance needs to be the norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I believe the Valley is looking hard at UAB.

Whether or not it's because they want to strengthen the Valley or are preparing for WSU's departure I have no idea. But they ARE moving on the idea.
                              I can't take the idea of UAB joining seriously until a second team is brought up.

I see no chance in hell that Elgin goes with 11 teams.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

The we will just have to add our way to the top! With more top shelf programs like Loyola, we will be the numero uno basketball conference soon enough.

β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X