American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SMOOfan98 View Post
    Welcome Shockers!!! :yahoo:Super excited for you guys to come down to Moody next year (conference better not screw us only letting WSU-SMU play once) with the new format for 18 games is play 7 teams twice and 4 teams once.
    Save me a couple of seats! I live out west in Kansas, and it's a 58 minute flight direct from Garden City. Woooo Hooooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Ah... another plus! We get to play our conference tourney on the big boy weekend, instead of a week earlier.
      This is perhaps the only thing I am not looking forward to. I know, TV contract, but otherwise their time slot is the absolute worst. Their championship game is meaningless because the committee has shown they don't really even account for the Big 10 and AAC championship. Do AAC fans even get to watch the Selection Show live or do you have to record it?

Comment

• Welcome to the AAC! While I'll admit to having a general apathy (or even disdain) for this Conference of Misfit Toys over the past few years, I'm very excited to have you guys along for the ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by SMOOfan98 View Post
          Welcome Shockers!!! :yahoo:Super excited for you guys to come down to Moody next year (conference better not screw us only letting WSU-SMU play once) with the new format for 18 games is play 7 teams twice and 4 teams once.
          I'll definitely be there. My grandson lives in McKinney - oh, I guess his parents do too.
          #cantwait #shockersaac

Comment

• I like the 7 H-H and 4 single game format.

How much do you wanna bet we get H-H with
            1. Tulsa
            2. SMU
            3. UCONN
            4. Memphis
            5. Cincy
            6. Houston
            7. Temple

and we get single games with UCF, USF, East Carolina and Tulane. That's how I would do it if I was trying to strengthen the conference. Make all your best teams face WSU as many times as possible.

Comment

• Bardo at the plate

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Via Joseph Duarte (UH athletics beat writer for the Houston Chronicle) on twitter:

@UHCougarBB @toddwhitting on adding Wichita State: 'They are traditionally one of the powers in college baseball going back many years.'
                @UHCougarMBK @CoachSampsonUH on adding Wichita State: 'This puts a lot closer to being a power conference ...'
                @UHCougarMBK @CoachSampsonUH on Wichita State to AAC: 'It adds tremendous cache to our league ... they are a national brand.'
                @UHCougarMBK @CoachSampsonUH on addition of Wichita State to AAC: 'Right away it gives us a marquee school

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                  try 3

Lol I'm over it! Thanks for trying to help lol
                  this is what you want http://chicagostylesports.com/wp-con...ration-gif.gif

Add tags and:
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Hello! my first post glad to be in the AAC!!!

Comment

• UCF is probably going to be better than Memphis + Houston next season.

Comment

• Via @American_Conf on twitter:

There's no place like home.

#WelcomeWichita to The American family!

http://bit.ly/2oJC6NU

TheAmerican.org Story

Comment

• Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Official Welcome Video of the AAC:

Edit: @ShockBand: beat me to it.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMandell View Post
                              Welcome Shockers! Coogs (UH fans spell it with 2 o's and I don't even know why) are looking forward to playing the new AAC basketball power!
                              Kinda like one of our former stars referred to as Cooz who, by the way, came from Houston.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Looks like the conference level coverage will be a boost as well. Meet ADN - The American Digital Network.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X