American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Again, if this happens and I hope it does, it will mark the end of our association with the "Valley of Death". Yes it has been forever since it was that but it was where our roots were. I look forward to moving to the AAC and playing schools that will push us to be better. I look forward to new rivalries and more exposure in the East and the Mid West. Believe it or not Cincinnati is thought to be in the Mid West whereas Wichita is in the High Plains. This will be a great move to a conference that is pushing to be better and not satisfied with the status quo. Go Shox.
    The "Valley of Death" is decomposing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Nicely put, mee.

We haven't seen KC Shox recently; do you suppose he's reappeared as mini, or do you think we've just acquired a new troll (at least until the hammer descends)?

Edit: And, wheathead, I just saw your post about Fever and JH4P. Whoa -- you have my profound sympathy. Find that Ignore setting!
      It's torcher I know watcher but I just can't look away.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
        He and his teams simply outgrow whatever conference they are in...
        yes, i'm going to put it out there: could you imagine gregg marshall in the big-12? would ku have won 13 straight big-12 titles then? hell.no.

objectively speaking, marshall is a hall-of-fame coach.

Comment

• Northern Iowa - Ali Faroukmanesh
          Cincinnati - Oscar Robertson

That should clear things up.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Whatever "mini shock" is, it is an example of the adjustment some less savvy fans are going to have to make playing in a high quality conference like the AAC.
            I would add Central Florida to the teams mentioned that we could easily lose to if aren't playing well on a given night.

Comment

• This is the most AP article in the history of ever http://collegebasketball.ap.org/arti...talks-join-aac

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                This is the most AP article in the history of ever http://collegebasketball.ap.org/arti...talks-join-aac
                I don't know. I thought there was an awful lot of editorializing in this part: "Wichita State, which ended its football program in 1986, would give the league 12 schools for basketball, which would make scheduling easier."

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                  On NCAA bids in last 5 years: UC 5, UNI 2, WSU 5
                  On NCAA wins in last 5 years: UC 2, UNI 2, WSU 10
                  Just NCAA stuff.
                  To be fair, in this context, you are correct. But that conveniently ignores the sweet 16 we had the year prior, as well as another tourney win the year before that. Also, it completely ignores regular season success, which does matter because you get more exposure for your program, which helps it grow.

In the end, noone in the college basketball world is confusing UC and Northern Iowa, I assure you.

I was joking around anyhoo. I mentioned in my original post that UC fans want to take the next step in the postseason. I think WSU will help get us more ready for March in that regard like the old big east used to do.

In addition, I can promise you that given a 12 point lead with 35 seconds left, we would not choke it away. So there's that! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatnation View Post
                    To be fair, in this context, you are correct. But that conveniently ignores the sweet 16 we had the year prior, as well as another tourney win the year before that. Also, it completely ignores regular season success, which does matter because you get more exposure for your program, which helps it grow.

In the end, noone in the college basketball world is confusing UC and Northern Iowa, I assure you.

I was joking around anyhoo. I mentioned in my original post that UC fans want to take the next step in the postseason. I think WSU will help get us more ready for March in that regard like the old big east used to do.

In addition, I can promise you that given a 12 point lead with 35 seconds left, we would not choke it away. So there's that! :)
                    To be fair, no one else in the 76 year run of the tournament has managed that, other than UNI. So it's a pretty safe claim. 😉
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                      To the UC fan who didn't like the comparison to UNI or ISU. I am sorry bud. UNI recent success and failures are similar to Cincinnati's.

Comment

• This debate is killing my buzz. UC > UNI period. End of story.

However, I was at OKC when they beat the flagship. That was Awesome!!

Comment

• Now on to the celebration!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                            This debate is killing my buzz. UC > UNI period. End of story.

However, I was at OKC when they beat the flagship. That was Awesome!!
                            Yeah, and not even close. No one in their right mind would say differently.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                              Now on to the celebration!!!!
                              :very_drunk:

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                This is the most AP article in the history of ever http://collegebasketball.ap.org/arti...talks-join-aac
                                "No move would be announced before the end of the NCAA Tournament, according to the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the negotiations."

So I can at least take a few days off from constantly refreshing this thread until basically Tuesday then. But on Tuesday I will lose my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X