Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    This one?

That one is for the MVC office when the deal happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      I better start trying to find that "blow the roof off" gif I was saving a few years back.
      I know this isn't the thread for it... but wasn't HCGM quoted as saying we were landing a recruit that was going to blow the roof off a few years ago? And wasn't the suspicion that it was Humphries?

If I'm remembering the timelines right, it seems like the comments this week that Humphries gave a verbal to us help shed some light on that. HCGM isn't the kind of person to speak before he knows something about a recruit. I bet he'd already received the verbal.

Obviously, I could be misremembering it all.

Comment

• "I’m very optimistic about the league. We’re only a year away from more tournament teams. We had four last year. I think in two years, we’ll be among the best conferences in the country. I’m totally convinced.”

Pretty specific timeline. Perhaps foreshadowing the addition of WSU? We can hope....
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Found it.

I'll just keep this here for when the time comes...probably by this Friday

Comment

• On Thursday, Sports Illustrated reported Wichita State was interested in leaving the Missouri Valley in favor of the AAC. Aresco said he couldn’t comment on the possibility of Wichita State joining the league but refuted reports of the AAC potentially adding multiple non-football schools.

“That’s not what we’re interested in,” Aresco said. “We’re not interested in recreating what essentially was the dysfunctional Big East model, but we’re always looking to strengthen our basketball and we will continue to do that.”

The AAC has 12 football teams but only 11 basketball teams. Navy is the only non-football member of the league.

“Obviously 12 (football teams) and 12 (basketball teams) would be symmetrical, but we don’t need to do anything,” Aresco said. “I really believe we’re going to be good in basketball with what we have.”
            Last edited by RoyalShock; March 20, 2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys. Cincinnati fan here.

1st want to congratulate you guys on a great season. Was really hoping we could get a Cincinnati vs Wichita State Sweet 16 but unfortunately we both got stuck with really tough draws against blue blood programs. Still can't believe the bottom of the South Region had FOUR teams with 30 wins.

From your side how realistic are these rumors about Wichita State joining the AAC? I would LOVE to get you guys and VCU in our league as olympic sports members. We badly need some more basketball first schools.

Hope the rumors are true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                Hey guys. Cincinnati fan here.

1st want to congratulate you guys on a great season. Was really hoping we could get a Cincinnati vs Wichita State Sweet 16 but unfortunately we both got stuck with really tough draws against blue blood programs. Still can't believe the bottom of the South Region had FOUR teams with 30 wins.

From your side how realistic are these rumors about Wichita State joining the AAC? I would LOVE to get you guys and VCU in our league as olympic sports members. We badly need some more basketball first schools.

Hope the rumors are true.
                Yeah the matchups were unfortunate. Was kinda hoping to matchup with you all as well!

I think there is real movement on the conference switch. Too many tight lips around not to be feeling pretty confident. Just a matter of time IMHO

Gratz on another great season for you all as well!
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                  On Thursday, Sports Illustrated reported Wichita State was interested in leaving the Missouri Valley in favor of the AAC. Aresco said he couldn’t comment on the possibility of Wichita State joining the league but refuted reports of the AAC potentially adding multiple non-football schools.

“That’s not what we’re interested in,” Aresco said. “We’re not interested in recreating what essentially was the dysfunctional Big East model, but we’re always looking to strengthen our basketball and we will continue to do that.”

The AAC has 12 football teams but only 11 basketball teams. Navy is the only non-football member of the league.

“Obviously 12 (football teams) and 12 (basketball teams) would be symmetrical, but we don’t need to do anything,” Aresco said. “I really believe we’re going to be good in basketball with what we have.”

That last paragraph sure sounds like Aresco is a last holdout on the deal, ideologically. Like, "I don't really want to do this, but my bosses are probably going to override me, so...".

This is a theory I've had on all the smoke contrasted with the Aresco statements, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                    On Thursday, Sports Illustrated reported Wichita State was interested in leaving the Missouri Valley in favor of the AAC. Aresco said he couldn’t comment on the possibility of Wichita State joining the league but refuted reports of the AAC potentially adding multiple non-football schools.

Well the roller coaster ride continues.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      That last paragraph sure sounds like Aresco is a last holdout on the deal, ideologically. Like, "I don't really want to do this, but my bosses are probably going to override me, so...".

This is a theory I've had on all the smoke contrasted with the Aresco statements, at least.
                      This is my take as well.

Comment

• I think he is doing it on purpose. You could be right, but like you said...His "bosses" may do it anyway.

Comment

• Aresco sounds a bit like Elgin pointing back to the recent multiple bids... How long did the MVC ride the four bids on 2006 as the excuse to not participate in realignment?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Well the roller coaster ride continues.
                            Are you, or anyone else for that matter, taking that quote as good or bad? I could see it either way. I wouldn't expect him to say "we're expanding no matter what." But he certainly seemed open to the idea. And the "couldn't comment on WSU" part CLEARLY means there is smoke somewhere. Which I guess we already knew.

Comment

• Someone needs to put a web cam up at AAC headquarters. Point it on the smoke stack. Gray smoke no decision. White smoke we are in. Kinda like they do at the Vatican when choosing a new pope.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                Someone needs to put a web cam up at AAC headquarters. Point it on the smoke stack. Gray smoke no decision. White smoke we are in. Kinda like they do at the Vatican when choosing a new pope.
                                Or a "One if by land, two if by sea" thing. Either works.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X