No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 tournament will be in Memphis at the FedEx Forum.

Article also says that the 2020-2022 sites are expected to be announced shortly. Hopefully this is hinting at OKC as a recurring site.
    Last edited by shocks02; July 10, 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Memphis gets the 2019 American Tournament. The sites for the 2020-2022 tournaments will be announced within a few weeks. OKC would have been nice for us...and still might be a possibility in the near future, but Memphis is still a reasonable trip so I won't be too critical of this announcement.

78-65

Comment

• Don't have a problem with the tourney being in Memphis.

Does feel a little odd letting them host it in their home arena. I wonder if we can host it in Koch Arena.

Comment

• It was probably projected that Memphis would be hot, radioactive garbage for the next two years at least, so whether or not they get home court advantage for their first round exit ends up being a moot point. The unfair advantage will be negated by their terrible-ness in a move that allows the conference tournament to take place in a nice, central location to all.

Comment

• IBA could be in play for 2020-2022. https://twitter.com/KellyHinesTW/sta...32077285978113

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              It was probably projected that Memphis would be hot, radioactive garbage for the next two years at least, so whether or not they get home court advantage for their first round exit ends up being a moot point. The unfair advantage will be negated by their terrible-ness in a move that allows the conference tournament to take place in a nice, central location to all.
              I don't know whether Tubby will have a Shea Seals (shot back to the past) or not, but anyone who has watched Tubby Smith's past teams knows they won't be hot garbage. He is a good coach. His teams will buy in and play hard. They won't be a Top 3 AAC team, or probably even a Top 5-6 team but they can beat anyone, especially at home. We better be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I don't know whether Tubby will have a Shea Seals (shot back to the past) or not, but anyone who has watched Tubby Smith's past teams knows they won't be hot garbage. He is a good coach. His teams will buy in and play hard. They won't be a Top 3 AAC team, or probably even a Top 5-6 team but they can beat anyone, especially at home. We better be ready.
                Joking aside, I think Tubby will surprise everyone. People see star ratings and assume that losing those guys means Tubby has failed. They think the sky is falling, but I bet Tubby will have things in good shape sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  http://theamerican.org/news/2017/7/1...710170632.aspx

2019 tournament will be in Memphis at the FedEx Forum.

Article also says that the 2020-2022 sites are expected to be announced shortly. Hopefully this is hinting at OKC as a recurring site.
                  I'm good with Memphis as host.

Comment

• If WSU wouldn't be afraid to play at Memphis during the regular season -- and they won't be -- they won't have a problem playing there come tournament time.

Comment

• Comparing AAC to MVC (minus WSU) statistically

From Haslametrics

OFFENSE DEFENSE
                      AAC MVC ** AAC MVC **
                      Eff Rank 120.45 166.33 120.45 166.33
                      Efficiency 105.96 99.98 97.79 100.62
                      FT attempts per 100 trips 30.16 26.75 25.02 27.33
                      FT% 69.72 70.52 -- --
                      FG attempts per 100 trips 81.71 81.60 84.30 81.13
                      FG% 45.80 43.61 40.55 43.23
                      3PT attempts per 100 trips 27.73 28.77 34.20 30.17
                      3P% 35.92 34.81 34.71 36.68
                      Mid-range attempts per100 trips 26.38 26.26 24.23 26.32
                      MR% 37.37 37.97 33.68 36.51
                      Near attempts per 100 trips 27.61 26.57 25.86 24.65
                      NP% 63.44 58.79 54.52 58.66
                      Potential Quick Points (fast breaks, steals) 9.93 10.77 10.82 10.74
                      Second Chance % 7.93 5.75 5.12 6.79
                      % 3 pt shots 33.93 35.11 40.57 37.17
                      % Mid range shots 32.14 32.29 28.71 32.45
                      % near shots 33.93 32.59 30.73 30.38
                      Shooting Proximity * 2.00 2.03 2.10 2.07
                      Win % all D-1 0.66 0.53 0.66 0.53
                      * 1=all near, 3=all 3pt
                      ** Excluding WSU
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Saw a Wichita State billboard yesterday outside of downtown Dallas. Any idea when the schedule will be released so i can snatch up some tickets and see them in action against SMU?

Comment

• If memory serves, we usually see the official schedule in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandallStevens View Post
                            Saw a Wichita State billboard yesterday outside of downtown Dallas. Any idea when the schedule will be released so i can snatch up some tickets and see them in action against SMU?
                            I live in Plano, I will be at that game. Need all the shocker fans we can get lol
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              I live in Plano, I will be at that game. Need all the shocker fans we can get lol
                              If it is not on a weekend (and a trip back to Houston), I believe I will also be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                My Grandson .... oh and his parents.... live in McKinney. We will all be there

My son told me that he gets positive comments any time he wears his Shocker gear around DFW.

Comment

Working...
                                X