American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    Bill the Goat sending a welcome to the American gift to WU! Man, I LOVE this conference.

https://twitter.com/NavyAthletics/st...41133607948288
    Temple has released a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Temple has released a good one.

That took some effort by Hooter and the Hottie. Well done.

Comment

• That's a great interview and you have to love the fact that Gregg brings these guys back and makes them feel like part of the Shocker family even though he didn't coach them. Great ambassadors for the program. But whoa, X has put on some wait hasn't he? He was a chiseled beast when he was controlling the boards in Levitt arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          That took some effort by Hooter and the Hottie. Well done.
          Cincy just released one. It was meh.

Comment

You'll soon find that most of what Cincy does is "meh."
            ...Specifically in the post-season... :yahoo:

Comment

UCONN had a "meh" tweet too, but @UCONN_Husky: has been so engaging and an excellent and welcomed member of the forum, I feel he's given us a 2 month welcome greeting all by himself, so no complaining here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                UCONN had a "meh" tweet too, but @UCONN_Husky has been so engaging and an excellent and welcomed member of the forum, I feel he's given us a 2 month welcome greeting all by himself, so no complaining here.
                Not gonna lie. I was disappointed with ours too. Temple's and Navy's were real good though. Still awaiting the others...

Comment

• I love the fact that a conference that really didn't "need" WSU is putting forth 100x more effort into welcoming WSU. The MVC needed WSU and acted like we owed them something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    I love the fact that a conference that really didn't "need" WSU is putting forth 100x more effort into welcoming WSU. The MVC needed WSU and acted like we owed them something.
                    Aresco may say that ya'll were wanted, not needed...but any college basketball fan knows you were both. This is the one conference realignment move that EVERYONE agrees was a good decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I love the fact that a conference that really didn't "need" WSU is putting forth 100x more effort into welcoming WSU. The MVC needed WSU and acted like we owed them something.
                      The AAC needs WSU more than some of their school's fans would like to admit. WSU just happened to be the best candidate to fill their need.

Which is not to say that WSU did not come out of the deal in a better spot. It was, I believe, highly mutually beneficial.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                        Aresco may say that ya'll were wanted, not needed...but any college basketball fan knows you were both. This is the one conference realignment move that EVERYONE agrees was a good decision.
                        Especially the Valley, for their own sake, apparently:

“Wichita State was an outlier in our conference because the Koch brothers supplied it with such an unlimited amount of resources. Wichita was operating in a different strata and that gave them an entrenched advantage. Everybody knew they’d win the conference every year and it made it more difficult to build solid programs. So losing them was a big plus for the rest of us.” - Bradley president Gary Roberts
                        Koch brothers? Unlimited resources? . . . Ok . . .

Roberts believes the Wichita State’s departure will make the new Valley stronger.

That’s saying a lot considering the Shockers’ recent hoops accomplishments.
                        Did he say that with a straight face?

“There’s been a changing of the guard at the top of our league. But we’re optimistic as a group moving forward. We’ve got people in our league who really care.”
                        They really care, because now it's fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Koch brothers? . . . Ok . . .
                          What is the point in pretending it is not true? Our athletic apartment cannot afford Gregg Marshall. Where do we stack in athletic revenues and students against MVC?
                          It is true, we all know, Koch is paying our coach. It's fact. OUr athletic department can't support it's endeavors without help from Koch to pay for our HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                            What is the point in pretending it is not true? Our athletic apartment cannot afford Gregg Marshall. Where do we stack in athletic revenues and students against MVC?
                            It is true, we all know, Koch is paying our coach. It's fact. OUr athletic department can't support it's endeavors without help from Koch to pay for our HC.
                            At this point I'm about to give Fever my login info.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              At this point I'm about to give Fever my login info.
                              Please, blast me for why I am factually incorrect. But if what the Wichita Eagle and the Alabama Inquirer say are true, then you are Lieutenant Daniel Kaffee

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                                I believe mini is correct on this one. It's not just Charles Koch, but he's probably critical in paying Marshall's salary.

As long as his name is on the building, and the building name is mentioned in a positive light in front of a lot of eyes on television, it's a good investment. It would be hard to buy the goodwill Koch gets from his investment in WSU basketball for what he spends on WSU basketball. What helps WSU helps Charles Koch.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X