No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it was mentioned before, but do we adopt Navy as our pseudo football team?
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      I know it was mentioned before, but do we adopt Navy as our pseudo football team?
      Works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

More than one old school guy has made passing comments verifying a Danny Ainge sighting but the kids these days just don't get it.
        I heard Steve Eck was also contacted
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Works for me.
          That triple-option is fun to watch!
          The Assman

Comment

I know it was mentioned before, but do we adopt Navy as our pseudo football team?
            They're playing in Tulsa September 30th. As soon as I heard the news I checked out their schedule!
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by blunderbuss View Post
              ECU fan here. Hopefully not premature but WELCOME to the AAC. The Shockers will be my adopted basketball program. We have a hopeless situation at ECU on that front. Never been good at it and have never seemed to care. I need good basketball to follow and I hate the ACC teams in my backyard. Good luck guys, hopefully this happens for next season. You'll see me around here during basketball.
              Excellent, and in return the Pirates will be my adopted football team. I like the way that team plays.

I'm not saying this trumps the Final Four, it certainly does not, but this is exciting and new and I am loving it.

Comment

Doesn't this kind of go for everyone? I mean, shouldn't we ALL support our service academies, unless they are playing "our" team? I always want to see Army, Air Force and Navy beat whomever they are playing, unless it's against "my" team....and even then the passion is diminished.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                  They're playing in Tulsa September 30th. As soon as I heard the news I checked out their schedule!
                  Sound like it's time to start the official thread! Ha
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                    Anyone else having any issues creating an account on the csnbbs forum? Tried to make an account about a week ago and it still hasn't been approved.
                    Originally posted by pony94 View Post
                    What name did you use? I'm a mod there and will check it out
                    I've had the same issue. It's been over a week for me, and I've requested the confirmation email multiple times.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Doesn't this kind of go for everyone? I mean, shouldn't we ALL support our service academies, unless they are playing "our" team? I always want to see Army, Air Force and Navy beat whomever they are playing, unless it's against "my" team....and even then the passion is diminished.
                      I DO know that the Army vs Navy game is one of the best games every football year. Now that Navy is our pseudo team, it'll be fun watching their continued dominance in that series!
                      The Assman

Comment

I'm in! Go Navy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          I've had the same issue. It's been over a week for me, and I've requested the confirmation email multiple times.
                          Let me alert the other mods. Lately a bunch of bots have been trying to activate new accounts.

Comment

• I had no problem at all (getting activated on the AC board), but I joined when the link was first posted here, which was maybe 2 weeks ago.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This is worthy of another thread as well, but I know someone asked Paul about the potential for soccer and Paul said perhaps down the road.

I think that would be a fun addition to WSU. Soccer is growing in the US and there is lots of great youth programs/clubs in the region.
                              The Assman

Comment

I DO know that the Army vs Navy game is one of the best games every football year. Now that Navy is our pseudo team, it'll be fun watching their continued dominance in that series!
                                I was reading about Navy's football history last night (couldn't sleep). Navy plays Airforce in early October every year and Army the last game of the year. The winner of that series is awarded the Commander in Cheif trophy. They also have an annual game against Notre Dame! This is the bestest day ever!!!!
                                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X