American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Since we are specifically talking about realignment what are you suggesting. Multiple suitors? If you are talking about just in general, well than ya think.
    My statement was just a general one. I think the AAC thing isn't gonna hinge on the specific play in this tournament. It's either happening or it isn't IMO.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      My statement was just a general one. I think the AAC thing isn't gonna hinge on the specific play in this tournament. It's either happening or it isn't IMO.
      I don't disagree that it probably doesn't hinge on it but you don't think a deep run would give the momentum a bit of of a boost?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Would agree with this.

Conferences should be looking at commitment to the program outside of wins and losses and where we place our expectations.

Which, to be honest, go beyond whether Marshall is here or not as well. Hypothetically speaking, I have no doubt, this ball continues to roll. He has put us at that level.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I don't disagree that it probably doesn't hinge on it but you don't think a deep run would give the momentum a bit of of a boost?
          It absolutely couldn't hurt. That's been kinda our staple in this run of 6 straight. Let's hope tonight is the start of a beautiful weekend.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Would agree with this.

Conferences should be looking at commitment to the program outside of wins and losses and where we place our expectations.

Which, to be honest, go beyond whether Marshall is here or not as well. Hypothetically speaking, I have no doubt, this ball continues to roll. He has put us at that level.
            I hope we have 3G here for a long time. But - if he decides to leave - we will have a long - long - long line of coaches applying for the WSU job. Even current P5 guys $3.3 is top ten $$$. Heck - I might even apply - I had a great record coaching in Biddy Basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Geezuz, we need a basketball game to be played. We're turning on each other.
              Sorry, I was trying to be funny, didn't mean to pile on the double link posts. They aren't a big deal. Would see click it twice than miss it altogether!

Comment

• I do hope Marshall stays. Indiana is a tough job. The fans there demand success on the level of Kentucky and Duke, but the program just doesn't appeal to recruits the way other blue bloods do.

With or without him though, this Cincinnati fan is pulling for you guys to get the invite.

Comment

• University of Houston fan here. Cougar Nation strongly supports WSU's entrance into the AAC. I love what you guys would bring to our conference and both basketball and baseball. We are getting our act back together in basketball, and opening our new basketball arena in 2018 is going to be huge for our program. I sincerely hope WSU fans will get to help us open the Tilman J. Fertitta Center in 2018. We might be able to compete with you by then.

Pulling for you in March Madness. Good luck!!

Comment

• How many of these supportive posts do we need before it's a done deal? Is anybody keeping track?

It makes so much sense for WSU and the AAC to marry that pessimist me is sure it will never happen. My self-loathing has no bounds.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Got to love the AAC fans coming with support...I really hope this happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Geezuz, we need a basketball game to be played. We're turning on each other.
                        Happens every year about now!

Comment

• So, I am rooting for SMU then?
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Ojeleye would have looked amazing in the Yellow & Black!!
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                              I hope we have 3G here for a long time. But - if he decides to leave - we will have a long - long - long line of coaches applying for the WSU job. Even current P5 guys $3.3 is top ten $$$. Heck - I might even apply - I had a great record coaching in Biddy Basketball.
                              Yeah, but how do you explain your actions in Canada? :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                                So, I am rooting for SMU then?
                                Always pull for your conference teams so yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X